open office

Jack McKee,
I know your don’t really care but i hate open office.
I just want a simple program that actually works without a million choices and “improvements” every time I turn around.   I hate having to to spend hours trying to figure what is wrong with something I have layed out and has worked perfectly well for years. Now it doesn’t work either because the program has been “updated” or it now longer works with my “updated" computer software. And its my problem to sort thru a million problems in what is so ridiculously labled “help”.  Very user friendly.

Jack McKee
Hands On Books
www.woodshop4kids.com

Re: open office

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:23:24 -0700
"Jack McKee," <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know your don’t really care but i hate open office.
> I just want a simple program that actually works without a million choices and “improvements” every time I turn around.   I hate having to to spend hours trying to figure what is wrong with something I have layed out and has worked perfectly well for years. Now it doesn’t work either because the program has been “updated” or it now longer works with my “updated" computer software. And its my problem to sort thru a million problems in what is so ridiculously labled “help”.  Very user friendly.
>

> Jack McKee
> Hands On Books
> www.woodshop4kids.com

Try AbiWord

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: open office

James Knott
On 06/24/2014 02:36 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:23:24 -0700
> "Jack McKee," <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I know your don’t really care but i hate open office.
>> I just want a simple program that actually works without a million choices and “improvements” every time I turn around.   I hate having to to spend hours trying to figure what is wrong with something I have layed out and has worked perfectly well for years. Now it doesn’t work either because the program has been “updated” or it now longer works with my “updated" computer software. And its my problem to sort thru a million problems in what is so ridiculously labled “help”.  Very user friendly.
>>

>> Try AbiWord

Or Edlin.  ;-)

Re: open office

"J. Van Brimmer"
Or Gnumeric for spreadsheets.
On Jun 24, 2014 11:56 AM, "James Knott" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/24/2014 02:36 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:23:24 -0700
> > "Jack McKee," <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I know your don’t really care but i hate open office.
> >> I just want a simple program that actually works without a million
> choices and “improvements” every time I turn around.   I hate having to to
> spend hours trying to figure what is wrong with something I have layed out
> and has worked perfectly well for years. Now it doesn’t work either because
> the program has been “updated” or it now longer works with my “updated"
> computer software. And its my problem to sort thru a million problems in
> what is so ridiculously labled “help”.  Very user friendly.
> >>

> >> Try AbiWord
> >>

> Or Edlin.  ;-)

Re: open office

jonathon-3
On June 24, 2014 10:23:24 AM PDT, "Jack McKee,"  wrote:
>I know your don’t really care but i hate open office.

We'd care more, if you provide specific issues and points of failure.

OOo/LibO/AOo are used in a plethora of settings, some of which the developers did not ever dream existed, much less be an integral part of a production process.

It is extremely hard to test for an edge case is an arcane setting that has never been heard of before, or even dreamed of.

jonathon

--
Your documents, your language, your way.

Re: open office

irgunii
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:23:24 -0700
"Jack McKee," <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know your don’t really care but i hate open office.
> I just want a simple program that actually works without a million choices and
> “improvements” every time I turn around.   I hate having to to spend hours
> trying to figure what is wrong with something I have layed out and has worked
> perfectly well for years. Now it doesn’t work either because the program has
> been “updated” or it now longer works with my “updated" computer software. And
> its my problem to sort thru a million problems in what is so ridiculously
> labled “help”.  Very user friendly.
>

> Jack McKee
> Hands On Books
> www.woodshop4kids.com

One usually has to be smarter than the keyboard one is typing on to work a
computer and the software that gets installed on it. You get an F for the
semester so far.

--
http://www.lawcollective.org/  Learn your rights easily through cartoons!

http://www.roadblock.org/rights/  Know your rights about and at roadblocks!

http://fija.org/  Learn about Jury Nullification! Take back your rights from the
over-reaching: police, justice system and government!

mt

Re: open office

mt
Jack,

Not sure what your reason was for writing to this list, but your
message below doesn't sound like a request for help with a real problem.

Applications and computers do not "improve" or "update" without
you, the user in command, deciding they need it.

If you're happy with your current versions of AOO, operating
system and computer hardware, you are free to just stick with
what you have and ignore any "Update available" suggestion.
What's the point of blaming others for your own decisions?

Then of course, if you have a specific problem with AOO, which
you cannot solve with the built-in Help system, most people on
this list will be happy to help.

To me, this mailing list is a much better option than any
"online user forums", where one has to dig through millions of
posts hoping to find suitable solutions.

So if you want to make the most of this mailing list, how about
you post one (or more) specific questions that relate to your
specific issues?

Let us know how we can help.

marina

On 24/6/14 at 3:23 AM, [hidden email] (Jack McKee,) wrote:

>I know your don’t really care but i hate open office. I just
>want a simple program that actually works without a million
>choices and “improvements” every time I turn around.   I
>hate having to to spend hours trying to figure what is wrong
>with something I have layed out and has worked perfectly well
>for years. Now it doesn’t work either because the program has
>been “updated” or it now longer works with my “updated"
>computer software. And its my problem to sort thru a million
>problems in what is so ridiculously labled “help”.  Very
>user friendly.
>
>Jack McKee
>Hands On Books
>www.woodshop4kids.com

Re: open office

許哲崇
The simple way is usually right.
Learn to live peacefully with minor problems, including all your software.
If you can not make your work done, please be specific.
We are available.