Quantcast

openoffice 4.1.3

HANLON, RICHARD
can mircosoft works be opened and used in openoffice 4.1.3?  I currently have works on an old computer that is running Microsoft XP.  I was hoping that is I upgrade the computer  and use  MS 8.1 FOR EXAMPLE operating system could I open and use the programs in MS WORKS through OPEN IFFICE 4.1.3 OR OTHER VERSION?

Rick Hanlon
Chemical Product Manager  *  POOLCORP    * ALLIANCE TRADING, INC.
508-962-7238

Re: openoffice 4.1.3

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:39:43 +0000
"HANLON, RICHARD" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can mircosoft works be opened and used in openoffice 4.1.3?  I currently have works on an old computer that is running Microsoft XP.  I was hoping that is I upgrade the computer  and use  MS 8.1 FOR EXAMPLE operating system could I open and use the programs in MS WORKS through OPEN IFFICE 4.1.3 OR OTHER VERSION?
>
> Rick Hanlon
> Chemical Product Manager  *  POOLCORP    * ALLIANCE TRADING, INC.
> 508-962-7238
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

OpenOffice 4 does not open Works files.  You can use the free online service at
www.zamzar.com to convert them to OpenOffice (or other formats), and should continue to work in those formats hereafter. I think OpenOffice 3 versions will handle Works formats, but do not know for certain.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: openoffice 4.1.3

Keith N. McKenna
On 2/15/2017 1:52 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:39:43 +0000
> "HANLON, RICHARD" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> can mircosoft works be opened and used in openoffice 4.1.3?  I currently have works on an old computer that is running Microsoft XP.  I was hoping that is I upgrade the computer  and use  MS 8.1 FOR EXAMPLE operating system could I open and use the programs in MS WORKS through OPEN IFFICE 4.1.3 OR OTHER VERSION?
>>
>> Rick Hanlon
>> Chemical Product Manager  *  POOLCORP    * ALLIANCE TRADING, INC.
>> 508-962-7238
>>
>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
>
> OpenOffice 4 does not open Works files.  You can use the free online service at
> www.zamzar.com to convert them to OpenOffice (or other formats), and should continue to work in those formats hereafter. I think OpenOffice 3 versions will handle Works formats, but do not know for certain.

The xlr format used by later versions of MS Works can be opened by AOO
as it is a stripped down version of the xls format. As far as other
Works documents, and even the xlr ones, conversion at www.zamzar.com
would be the best route.

To my knowledge no versions of OOo or AOO will open Works files. GO-oo
did have MS Works support and that was ported to LibreOffice.

Regards
Keith

Re: openoffice 4.1.3

nasrin khaksar
hello.
i think libreoffice can open it.
i did not use this format and i am not familiar with it.
but libreoffice opens and supports many formats.

https://www.libreoffice.org

On 2/15/17, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/15/2017 1:52 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:39:43 +0000
>> "HANLON, RICHARD" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> can mircosoft works be opened and used in openoffice 4.1.3?  I currently
>>> have works on an old computer that is running Microsoft XP.  I was hoping
>>> that is I upgrade the computer  and use  MS 8.1 FOR EXAMPLE operating
>>> system could I open and use the programs in MS WORKS through OPEN IFFICE
>>> 4.1.3 OR OTHER VERSION?
>>>
>>> Rick Hanlon
>>> Chemical Product Manager  *  POOLCORP    * ALLIANCE TRADING, INC.
>>> 508-962-7238
>>>
>>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>>> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>>> addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
>>> system manager. This message contains confidential information and is
>>> intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
>>> addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
>>
>> OpenOffice 4 does not open Works files.  You can use the free online
>> service at
>> www.zamzar.com to convert them to OpenOffice (or other formats), and
>> should continue to work in those formats hereafter. I think OpenOffice 3
>> versions will handle Works formats, but do not know for certain.
>>
> The xlr format used by later versions of MS Works can be opened by AOO
> as it is a stripped down version of the xls format. As far as other
> Works documents, and even the xlr ones, conversion at www.zamzar.com
> would be the best route.
>
> To my knowledge no versions of OOo or AOO will open Works files. GO-oo
> did have MS Works support and that was ported to LibreOffice.
>
> Regards
> Keith

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Re: openoffice 4.1.3

M Henri Day

> can mircosoft works be opened and used in openoffice 4.1.3?  I currently
> have works on an old computer that is running Microsoft XP.  I was hoping
> that is I upgrade the computer  and use  MS 8.1 FOR EXAMPLE operating
> system could I open and use the programs in MS WORKS through OPEN IFFICE
> 4.1.3 OR OTHER VERSION?
>
> Rick Hanlon
> Chemical Product Manager  *  POOLCORP    * ALLIANCE TRADING, INC.
> 508-962-7238

> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

​Rick, *LibreOffice* - senast version, 5.3.0.3 - opens Works files - .wps,
.wks, .wdb....

Henri