openoffice 4.1.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

openoffice 4.1.5

Janko Kinčeš
Dear company, office can not search for new updates. window say that there
is problem with server.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openoffice 4.1.5

David Robley
On 01/08/18 07:02, Janko Kinčeš wrote:
> Dear company, office can not search for new updates. window say that there
> is problem with server.
>
This issue has been reported as a bug - see
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127789


Cheers
--
David Robley

Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openoffice 4.1.5

許哲崇
It is a good idea not to use updates. Because you probably do not have a
problem that needs updates.

David Robley <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月1日 週三 上午8:05寫道:

> On 01/08/18 07:02, Janko Kinčeš wrote:
> > Dear company, office can not search for new updates. window say that
> there
> > is problem with server.
> >
> This issue has been reported as a bug - see
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127789
>
>
> Cheers
> --
> David Robley
>
> Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openoffice 4.1.5

Anna Garcia
Can you send these emails to:  [hidden email]

Thank you,







*There are only two religions; Catholicism and Satanism*

*If we only knew how God regards the Sacrifice of the Mass, we would*
*risk our lives to be present at a single Mass. Padre Pio*


*Voltaire was less kind.  He allegedly said, "Doctors are men who give
drugs of which they know little, into bodies of which they know less, for
diseases of which they know nothing about.  *

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 9:20 PM, 許哲崇 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is a good idea not to use updates. Because you probably do not have a
> problem that needs updates.
>
> David Robley <[hidden email]> 於 2018年8月1日 週三 上午8:05寫道:
>
> > On 01/08/18 07:02, Janko Kinčeš wrote:
> > > Dear company, office can not search for new updates. window say that
> > there
> > > is problem with server.
> > >
> > This issue has been reported as a bug - see
> > https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127789
> >
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > David Robley
> >
> > Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openoffice 4.1.5

Brian Barker-2
In reply to this post by 許哲崇
At 09:20 01/08/2018 +0800, Xu Zhechong wrote:
>It is a good idea not to use updates. Because you probably do not
>have a problem that needs updates.

Sorry, but this needs to be dismissed - as nonsense. If no-one
updated software, we would all be using clockwork software from the 1960s!

Updates do not just solve "problems". Instead they add functionality,
correct bugs, and protect against discovered vulnerabilities. It is
thus generally a Very Good idea to apply them. Modern software often
"phones home" at intervals in order to pick up updates as they are
made available.

But it is worth mentioning that OpenOffice, unlike some other
products, does not provide incremental updates which can be applied
to particular versions. Instead, upgrades are provided in the form of
complete new versions. With free software, it is seldom sensible to
be using anything other than the latest version; in other words, it
is good practice to install new versions when they become available.

Brian Barker  


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]