openoffice calculator not working

rtihamerh
For years I have been using the open office calculator to access an xls  file to get to a spreadsheet that I update almost daily. Suddenly yesterday in the middle of updating I was locked out. I cannot unlock it. The file is investments-copy-copy-xls.My phone number is 1-818-591-1210. My name is Robert Hollander.

Re: openoffice calculator not working

Martin Groenescheij

> Op 4 jul. 2020 om 02:28 heeft "[hidden email]" <[hidden email] het volgende geschreven:
>
> For years I have been using the open office calculator to access an xls  file to get to a spreadsheet that I update almost daily.

You can access a xls file with creating a link, but you probably mean that you open a xls file instead of accessing it which makes a huge difference.
Do you save the document in xls or ods file format after updating?

> Suddenly yesterday in the middle of updating I was locked out.

What happened when you were updating your file? Was there an error message?

> I cannot unlock it.

What do you mean with unlock?

> The file is investments-copy-copy-xls.My phone number is 1-818-591-1210.

You should never share your phone number on a public mailing list.