openoffice for mac

Brent Darting
I'm new to open office, and I just downloaded it for my PowerBook and
I'm not sure how to use it.  What do I need to do to start using this
software?  Did I download the wrong one?  Is there a discussion for
new openoffice:mac users?

Re: openoffice for mac

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:10 -0800, Brent Darting wrote:
> I'm new to open office, and I just downloaded it for my PowerBook and
> I'm not sure how to use it.  What do I need to do to start using this
> software?  Did I download the wrong one?  Is there a discussion for
> new openoffice:mac users?

If you need to know how to install it, see
http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/2.x/en/SETUP_GUIDE.pdf

while, as for using OOo, you might find the User Guides at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/ of great benefit.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Re: openoffice for mac

Andrew Fisk
Take a look at Neooffice.org -- and download neo office which is a
"macified" version of Open Office.org, and while 2.0 is not out yet
the current version works very well

Have fun

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (412) 749-0162
Fax: (412) 749-0203
[hidden email]
www.spitcomp.com

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 20:09 -0500, Andrew Fisk wrote:
> Take a look at Neooffice.org -- and download neo office which is a
> "macified" version of Open Office.org, and while 2.0 is not out yet
> the current version works very well

The RC seems to be available from
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/ooo-osx_downloads.html

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Re: openoffice for mac

Brent Darting
I already installed it, but I don't know how to run it.  It's the Mac
version, isn't there something that I need to do first before I can
start using it?