openoffice.orgxml

dkinney
Recently I bought a new computer with windows 10. I had used Open Office on the old computer for several years. I installed it on my new computer, now many of my documents will not open.  Under “Type” is Openoffice.orgXML.
What do I need to do to open these documents?

Thanks.      Donna Kinney

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: openoffice.orgxml

John van Barneveld
Just an observation on this problem which a few people seem to have had.

I also transferred my existing MSOffice files to a new Win10 PC.
However I installed Open Office first then transferred my MSOffice files
to the new machine.  I did not have the problem that others are
reporting,OO will even open .docx and .xlsx files even though it cannot
save them as such.
John van Barneveld

>Recently I bought a new computer with windows 10. I had used Open
>Office on the old computer for several years. I installed it on my new
>computer, now many of my documents will not open.  Under “Type” is
>Openoffice.orgXML.
>What do I need to do to open these documents?
>
>Thanks.      Donna Kinney
>
>Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---