overview of interoperability with functions Calc <> Excel ?

overview of interoperability with functions Calc <> Excel ?

Cor Nouws
Hi,

Is there any overview of interoperability issues with functions Calc <>
Excel?

What I already know/have found, is the following:

-
http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/diplomarbeiten/Seminararbeiten/2009/200901_Mueller/20090116_Functions_Macros_OOo_Excel_MuellerFranz.pdf
Looks rather comprehensive, but is 2008, and not so accessible.

-
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/Drafts/Treatment_of_new_Excel_2010_functions
Is very good, but only new 2010-functions.

-
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functions_listed_by_category
A good overview, but not for interoperability issues (may be mentioned
in individual pages of course, such as in this example
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_MATCH_function
)

- http://www.oooauthors.org/english/userguide2/published/mg-published
The older migration guide, which is not so specific on the subject.

- http://tinyurl.com/2edw8pl
  a query on IssueTracker with Calc and ms_interoperability.

Is there any straight away overview?

Thanks,
Cor

Re: overview of interoperability with functions Calc <> Excel ?

Niklas Nebel-2
On 12/01/10 13:00, Cor Nouws wrote:

> Is there any overview of interoperability issues with functions Calc <>
> Excel?
>
> What I already know/have found, is the following:
>
> -
> http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/diplomarbeiten/Seminararbeiten/2009/200901_Mueller/20090116_Functions_Macros_OOo_Excel_MuellerFranz.pdf
>
> Looks rather comprehensive, but is 2008, and not so accessible.
>
> -
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/Drafts/Treatment_of_new_Excel_2010_functions
>
> Is very good, but only new 2010-functions.
>
> -
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functions_listed_by_category
>
> A good overview, but not for interoperability issues (may be mentioned
> in individual pages of course, such as in this example
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_MATCH_function
> )
>
> - http://www.oooauthors.org/english/userguide2/published/mg-published
> The older migration guide, which is not so specific on the subject.
>

> - http://tinyurl.com/2edw8pl
> a query on IssueTracker with Calc and ms_interoperability.

There's also the old "Function Validation" Summer of Code project at
http://sc.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=504,
maybe a bit outdated.

> Is there any straight away overview?

None that I know of.

Niklas

Re: overview of interoperability with functions Calc <> Excel ?

Cor Nouws
Niklas Nebel wrote (01-12-10 13:52)

>> - http://tinyurl.com/2edw8pl
>> a query on IssueTracker with Calc and ms_interoperability.
>
> There's also the old "Function Validation" Summer of Code project at
> http://sc.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=504,
> maybe a bit outdated.

Very useful - thanks.

>> Is there any straight away overview?
>
> None that I know of.

Looking at all possible, in certain circumstances but in general not so
frequent appearing issues, I think that is it pretty unlikely that it
exists.

Cor