please help me

Diane
Hello,
I use Apache Open Office and would like to insert the file/path into the document so I know where it is next time. I’ve tried going to insert, fields, other, file name (type), path/file name (format) and insert. When I do this I don’t get the path and file name – all I get is “path/file name” added but that’s not what I need. How do I add the proper file name of my document that I just typed?

Thanks so much.

Diane

Re: please help me

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:01:00 -0500
"Diane" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I use Apache Open Office and would like to insert the file/path into the document so I know where it is next time. I’ve tried going to insert, fields, other, file name (type), path/file name (format) and insert. When I do this I don’t get the path and file name – all I get is “path/file name” added but that’s not what I need. How do I add the proper file name of my document that I just typed?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Diane
> [hidden email]

Toggle /View /Field names.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: please help me

Ella Oblas
I just learned by trial and error that what I have saved is considered a "picture" and not a document.  Could you be searching for a document that the computer deemed a "picture"?

Ella

________________________________

Re: please help me

Martin Groenescheij

On 06/12/17 6:07 AM, Ella Oblas wrote:
> I just learned by trial and error that what I have saved is considered a "picture" and not a document.

OK, the good news is that you learn from your mistakes, now you have to
learn that hijacking someone else message is a bad habit.
If you want help start a new email which makes it easier to archive by
subject and by the way" please help me" is not a descriptive subject.

> Could you be searching for a document that the computer deemed a "picture"?

For a computer a document can be anything e.g. a Word document, a
Drawing, a Spreadsheet or a Photo.
The computer rely on the users to define the type of document e.g. .doc,
.odt, .pdf or .jpg
Most applications saves with the correct file type, but allow to change
it by the user.

> Ella
>

> ________________________________

Re: please help me

Howard Blum
I must confess, I am spoiled as a very long term Apple Mac user and if I
cannot figure out how to use an application without looking for a user's
guide or manual I tend to walk away from the application and try another.

Having said that, I love this application suite much better than MS Office.
Okay, so it does not have some items we have become used to in their suite
of apps, but no biggie as far as I can tell.

Thanks again for such a great apps.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> On 06/12/17 6:07 AM, Ella Oblas wrote:
>
>> I just learned by trial and error that what I have saved is considered a
>> "picture" and not a document.
>>

> OK, the good news is that you learn from your mistakes, now you have to
> learn that hijacking someone else message is a bad habit.
> If you want help start a new email which makes it easier to archive by
> subject and by the way" please help me" is not a descriptive subject.
>
> Could you be searching for a document that the computer deemed a "picture"?
>>

> For a computer a document can be anything e.g. a Word document, a Drawing,
> a Spreadsheet or a Photo.
> The computer rely on the users to define the type of document e.g. .doc,
> .odt, .pdf or .jpg
> Most applications saves with the correct file type, but allow to change it
> by the user.
>

>> Ella
>>

>> ________________________________

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: please help me

Brian Barker
At 16:34 05/12/2017 -0800, Howard Blum wrote:
>I must confess, I am spoiled as a very long term Apple Mac user ...

I sympathise ...

>... and if I cannot figure out how to use an application without
>looking for a user's guide or manual I tend to walk away from the
>application and try another.

I agree. I thought of buying a car, but discovered that one has to
take driving lessons and pass a test and learn all about licences and
insurance, so I gave up. And I was tempted to invest in a piano, but
again it seems I would have to take lessons in order to be able to play it ...

>Having said that, I love this application suite ...

Good: we agree on that. But I espouse learning.

Brian Barker