please help, my whole chapter is unreadable after update

please help, my whole chapter is unreadable after update

Anne Scherliess
Dear open office team, my openoffice just updated itself to 4.1.6 and after this i wanted to continue writing my book and the entire chapter just shows black lines and no words whatsoever. I am devastated about this, what can I do to resurrect my work?
Please please help me, thankyou,
Anne Scherliess

http://www.theaterathome.de

https://www.schauspielervideos.de/fullprofile/schauspielerin-anne-scherliess.html   https://www.schauspielervideos.de/fullprofile/schauspielerin-anne-scherliess.html

https://www.castforward.de/members/profile/anne-scherliess

http://www.filmmakers.de/anne-scherliess http://https//www.filmmakers.de/anne-scherliess

https://www.spotlight.com/8016-8979-3087 http://www.spotlight.com/8016-8979-3087

http://www.anne-scherliess.com

Re: please help, my whole chapter is unreadable after update

Andrew Pitonyak

If you want me to test load your document, send a copy to my home email address (assuming there is nothing sensitive) and I can take a peek in case it is just something with your configuration that went bad. I have never seen this so....

The fact that the doc loads is a good sign.

A quick test (of interest), is to copy some of those black lines where you expect words to be and paste them into a regular text editor (on windows, notepad is a common choice). This should tell you if it is just a font problem (or similar).

Best of luck.

Andrew

On Friday, June 12, 2020 06:54 EDT, Anne Scherliess <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Dear open office team, my openoffice just updated itself to 4.1.6 and after this i wanted to continue writing my book and the entire chapter just shows black lines and no words whatsoever. I am devastated about this, what can I do to resurrect my work?
Please please help me, thankyou,
Anne Scherliess

http://www.theaterathome.de

https://www.schauspielervideos.de/fullprofile/schauspielerin-anne-scherliess.html https://www.schauspielervideos.de/fullprofile/schauspielerin-anne-scherliess.html

https://www.castforward.de/members/profile/anne-scherliess

http://www.filmmakers.de/anne-scherliess http://https//www.filmmakers.de/anne-scherliess

https://www.spotlight.com/8016-8979-3087 http://www.spotlight.com/8016-8979-3087

http://www.anne-scherliess.com

RE: please help, my whole chapter is unreadable after update

Geoffrey Hartwell-2
Is it possible you have a black highlight or background?  Is it worth setting the text colour to white or yellow?

With kind regards,
Geoffrey Hartwell
Eur Ing Professor Geoffrey M. Beresford Hartwell CEng
FIMechE FIET SenMIEEE(USA) FCIArb(retired) FICArb(India)
[hidden email]
http://www.arbitrator-engineer-gbh.co.uk/
Consulting Engineer  and FIDIC Accredited Adjudicator