please help

Edward Miller
I created a document in Open Office.  Then I cut and pasted a Zoom website (info for a meeting) into the document and saved it.  However, I cannot get to the website from the document.  Why not?

Re: please help

Peter Kovacs-3

Am 15.10.20 um 20:55 schrieb Edward Miller:
> I created a document in Open Office.  Then I cut and pasted a Zoom website (info for a meeting) into the document and saved it.  However, I cannot get to the website from the document.  Why not?

Maybe this helps:

The standard (default) behavior for activating hyperlinks within OOo is
to use Ctrl+click. This behavior can be changed in *Tools > Options >
OpenOffice.org > Security > Options*, by deselecting the option
*Ctrl-click* required to follow hyperlinks. If clicking in your links
activates them, check that page to see if the option has been deselected.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Writer_Guide/Hyperlinks

Re: please help

Robin Lord
Maybe you saved the file as jpg or other image image

--
Best Regards

Robin

Re: please help

Martin Groenescheij

On 15/10/2020 20:55, Edward Miller wrote:
> I created a document in Open Office.  Then I cut and pasted a Zoom website (info for a meeting) into the document and saved it.  However, I cannot get to the website from the document.  Why not?

Because, you haven't set the *AutoCorrect* option to "*URL Recognition*"
or used the *Insert Link* option.
Both should work.
By the way you can't *Cut and Paste* a website only *Copy and Paste* works.