[porting-dev] Error in Mac OO 2.0

Jeroen "Tricrokra" Broks
This message was rejected before (empty subject protection). I'l hereby send it again.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeroen "Tricrokra" Broks <[hidden email]>
Date: November 8, 2005 4:01:45 PM GMT+01:00

Hello;

I've downloaded Openoffice 2.0 for Mac OS X, but I couldn't do anything with it.
The file menu only contains the option "use Startup screen", and is disabled.
The only feature in the menu that appears to work is "Edit Script" in the edit menu, and results into an error.

if you need the info I got MacOS X 10.4.2

Did I do something wrong.

(I do have openoffice 1.1, and that works fine. The Windows version (2.0) I use at work also doesn't cause any trouble).

Re: [porting-dev] Error in Mac OO 2.0

eric b-3
Hi,

Jeroen "Tricrokra" Broks a ?crit :
> This message was rejected before (empty subject protection). I'l hereby
> send it again.

>> I've downloaded Openoffice 2.0 for Mac OS X, but I couldn't do
>> anything with it.

???

>> The file menu only contains the option "use Startup screen", and is
>> disabled.

Please use menus inside OpenOffice.org window. The file menu on menubar
still does not work. It is activated because we use Applescript, and
this makes appear a non usable menu.

FYI : In order to use OpenOffice.org, all menus are inside the
OpenOffice.org window.  File ... etc

>> The only feature in the menu that appears to work is "Edit Script" in
>> the edit menu, and results into an error.

Won't work.

>> if you need the info I got MacOS X 10.4.2
>>
>> Did I do something wrong.

No, I don't think so  :-)

>> (I do have openoffice 1.1, and that works fine. The Windows version
>> (2.0) I use at work also doesn't cause any trouble).

The often reported problem is X11 non installed :

For the one discovering the process :

Start Tiger's DVD and open System -> Installation -> Packages

Means : System does contain Installation who does contain Packages.

Inside Packages folder, double -click on X11User.pkg and follow the
instructions... Don't forget to set in millions of colors (in X11
preferences).

Start OpenOffice.org  :-)

Regards,
eric bachard

--
<[hidden email]>
Francophone OpenOffice.org Commmunity developer (Linux PPC /  Mac OS X /