Quantcast

[porting-dev] Text animation does not work correctly in Mac OS X OpenOffice2.0.0RC3

[porting-dev] Text animation does not work correctly in Mac OS X OpenOffice2.0.0RC3

Dirk Kostrewa
Dear OpenOffice MacOS X porting team,

The RC3 version of OpenOffice.org 2.0.0 for Mac OS X in german has a
problem with text animation in presentations (impress program): I've got
a bulleted list ot topics; each topic line should "wipe in" from left to
right upon mouse click. However, upon mouse click, each topic line
appears at once and is not animated from left to right. This is in
contrast to the linux version of OpenOffice 2.0 which works as intended.
Anyway - many thanks for porting OpenOffice to Mac OS X! I hope, that
there are also plans to port OpenOffice completely to the native
Quartz/Aqua graphics system of Mac OS X. Using the X11 windows system is
in principle not a problem, but for showing full-screen presentations,
one has to fill the whole window in advance with an empty X11 root
window (so-called presentation mode) which is quite cumbersome.

Best regards,

Dirk Kostrewa.

Dirk Kostrewa
Paul Scherrer Institut