problem in oo installation on win nt 4

Bumper India Pvt. Ltd.
To,

hi good morning sir

i am a win nt 4 user. at present i am using oo 1.1

i want to use oo 2.0 . i tried to install this version but

following error message comes.

unable to locate dll
the dynamic link library shlwapi.dll count not be found in the specified path
c:\program files \oo.org 2.0\programe.;c:\winnt\system32.;

i have already installed nt 4 service pack 6 a.  ( sp6i386.exe )

please help me.

thanking you.

=========================
=========================
==========
M/s. Bumper India Private Limited.
Mumbai-400 066
Maharashtra, India.

Phone   : ++  91 22 2870 4561 /2870 4570
Fax      : ++  91 22 28706182
E-mail   : [hidden email] Website : http://www.mayfieldbearing.com
--- Scan Report ---------------------------------------------------
 Scanning Options Used :
-----------------------
Scan inside .ZIP and .ARJ files.
Disinfect whenever possible.
Scan compressed executables.
Scan of all type of files.
Remove infected Contents in attachments (Neutralize).
Detect standard Zip files irrespective of file extension.
Clean inside standard Zip files.

    From: "Bumper India Pvt. Ltd." <[hidden email]>
    Subject: problem in oo installation on win nt 4
        01.  Name: noname (Type: text/plain)
         >> * No virus found * <<
            02.  Name: noname (Type: text/html)
         >> * No virus found * <<

CxProtect Cleaned 0 infections and Neutralized : 0
dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Re: problem in oo installation on win nt 4

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 11:53 +0530, Bumper India Pvt. Ltd. wrote:

> To,
>
> hi good morning sir
>
> i am a win nt 4 user. at present i am using oo 1.1
>
> i want to use oo 2.0 . i tried to install this version but
>
> following error message comes.
>
> unable to locate dll
> the dynamic link library shlwapi.dll count not be found in the specified path
> c:\program files \oo.org 2.0\programe.;c:\winnt\system32.;
>
> i have already installed nt 4 service pack 6 a.  ( sp6i386.exe )
>
> please help me.

The missing file is part of Windows. I think you had better consider
fixing your system.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead

Re: problem in oo installation on win nt 4

CPHennessy
On Mon November 21 2005 06:23, + Bumper India Pvt. Ltd. wrote:

>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> To,
>
> hi good morning sir
>
> i am a win nt 4 user. at present i am using oo 1.1
>
> i want to use oo 2.0 . i tried to install this version but
>
> following error message comes.
>
> unable to locate dll
> the dynamic link library shlwapi.dll count not be found in the specified
> path c:\program files \oo.org 2.0\programe.;c:\winnt\system32.;
>
> i have already installed nt 4 service pack 6 a.  ( sp6i386.exe )
>
> please help me.

This is an MS file. Please google for it as I think you should be able to
download it.

This is not really an OOo problem.

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

RE: problem in oo installation on win nt 4

Justin Fitzgibbon
> unable to locate dll
> the dynamic link library shlwapi.dll count not be found in the
> specified path c:\program files \oo.org
> 2.0\programe.;c:\winnt\system32.;

You probably need to install or reinstall IE6 which installs that DLL.

In addition you might want to consider moving off that operating system
as it is no longer supported for security purposes.

I'd recommend at least Win2000 if you need windows for some reason or
better still ubunto or fedora linux.