problem

chin-ly lim
Hi

I've been using open office for more than a year and everything was ok until yesterday

Indeed, i have several files .ODT and before when i wanted to open it i just double click it and it opens automatically

But since yesterday, when i double click on my ODT file, it doesn't open but instead there is an other file with the extension .cpgz (i assume it is zip)

Please let me know how can i get to normal

THANK YOU !!

Re: problem

zahra a
hello.
do you mean that you have lock file?
if you have lock files from the files that you opened previously, you
can simply delete them and open your files properly.
hope that help, God bless you.

On 10/25/17, chin-ly lim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I've been using open office for more than a year and everything was ok until
> yesterday
>

> Indeed, i have several files .ODT and before when i wanted to open it i just
> double click it and it opens automatically
>

> But since yesterday, when i double click on my ODT file, it doesn't open but
> instead there is an other file with the extension .cpgz (i assume it is
> zip)
>

> Please let me know how can i get to normal
>

> THANK YOU !!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: problem

Martin Groenescheij

On 25/10/17 9:46 PM, chin-ly lim wrote:
> Hi
>

> I've been using open office for more than a year and everything was ok until yesterday

So what has changed on your computer yesterday?

> Indeed, i have several files .ODT and before when i wanted to open it i just double click it and it opens automatically
>

> But since yesterday, when i double click on my ODT file, it doesn't open but instead there is an other file with the extension .cpgz (i assume it is zip)

It looks that your file association has changed.
Have a look at http://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/ to see
information about .cpgz files