problem with installation OpenOffice2

mike.hogan1945
hi
I have just downloaded and attempted to install OpenOffice 2.   I am using
a Compaq ARMADA E500 laptop, running WIndows 2000.
The download proceeded uneventfully but when I clicked on the icon I got
a popup box labelled 'NSIS Error', then the following message - "The installer
you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result
of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.
You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.
 It may be possible to skip this check using the /NRC Command line switch.
(NOT RECOMMENDED)"
I have carried out the download twice with exacltly the same results.  I
have a router firewall, Zone Alarm and AVG running.  Downloaded OpenOffice
2 to my desktop machine (windows 98)10 mins ago and it is running perfectly.
 Help!
Mike H.

Re: problem with installation OpenOffice2

CPHennessy
On Tue November 8 2005 12:27, [hidden email] wrote:

>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> hi
> I have just downloaded and attempted to install OpenOffice 2.   I am using
> a Compaq ARMADA E500 laptop, running WIndows 2000.
> The download proceeded uneventfully but when I clicked on the icon I got
> a popup box labelled 'NSIS Error', then the following message - "The
> installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be
> the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.
> You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.
>  It may be possible to skip this check using the /NRC Command line switch.
> (NOT RECOMMENDED)"
> I have carried out the download twice with exacltly the same results.  I
> have a router firewall, Zone Alarm and AVG running.  Downloaded OpenOffice
> 2 to my desktop machine (windows 98)10 mins ago and it is running
> perfectly. Help!

Hi Mike,
 Is Windows98 running ZoneAlarm and AVG ?
Why not copy the downloaded file from your Windows 98 machine to your
Windows2000 machine ?
Otherwise try turning off AVG before downloading next time.

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: problem with installation OpenOffice2

Matej Cepl-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> The download proceeded uneventfully but when I clicked on the icon I got
> a popup box labelled 'NSIS Error', then the following message - "The
> installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be
> the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.
> You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.
>  It may be possible to skip this check using the /NRC Command line switch.
> (NOT RECOMMENDED)"

Just to be sure that you have correctly downloaded
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded
easily.
      -- Charles, Count Talleyrand

Re: problem with installation OpenOffice2

Dan Lewis-6
On Tuesday 08 November 2005 06:27 am, [hidden email] wrote:

> hi
> I have just downloaded and attempted to install OpenOffice 2.   I am using
> a Compaq ARMADA E500 laptop, running WIndows 2000.
> The download proceeded uneventfully but when I clicked on the icon I got
> a popup box labelled 'NSIS Error', then the following message - "The
> installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be
> the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.
> You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.
>  It may be possible to skip this check using the /NRC Command line switch.
> (NOT RECOMMENDED)"
> I have carried out the download twice with exacltly the same results.  I
> have a router firewall, Zone Alarm and AVG running.  Downloaded OpenOffice
> 2 to my desktop machine (windows 98)10 mins ago and it is running
> perfectly. Help!
> Mike H.

Does you Win 98 desktop have a CD burner? If so, I would suggest you burn a CD
with what you used to install OOo on that machine. But before you do that, I
would suggest you disconnect the laptop from the internet completely. Then
shut off Zone Alarm and AVG. Then try installing OOo. If this works, make
sure you have Zone Alarm and AVG running again before reconnecting to the
internet. It could very well be the AVG program that is causing the problem.
Anti-viral software can sometime run havic with an installation of software.
Virus write keys in the Registry just as OOo does. AVG may be preventing
that. Since your desktop had no problems, a CD made from that downloaded file
should work fine.

Dan