problem with text file

ekochavi

I opened a text file in4.1.3 and instead of the text itshows
########### etc. I did not have this problem before. Anyone knows what js happening and how to get a readable file back?
Thanks
Dan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: problem with text file

Hagar Delest-2
Hi,

To be clear, there is absolutely no way to recover your file as it is.
At best, you can try to recover something from the temporary files, see: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056
Have you made sure there was no back-up in the profile (if you had the option Always create a backup copy checked in the options)?

Very often, it is linked to power shortage during the save operation.

Hagar

Le 24/12/2017 à 19:36, [hidden email] a écrit :
> I opened a text file in4.1.3 and instead of the text itshows
> ########### etc. I did not have this problem before. Anyone knows what js happening and how to get a readable file back?
> Thanks
> Dan
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Text document multi-page view

William K Helbig Jr
Can someone please tell me what I did?

While editing a text document I somehow managed to cause the screen
display to show two pages side by side, like what page preview does.
Also if a create new document it opens in the same multi-page manner,
but when opening an existing document it displays correctly as a single
page.

I'm sure I unintentionally selected some option but I can't figure out
what or where.

I am running OpenOffice 4.1.1 of a 64-bit Linux system.

Skip H

Re: Text document multi-page view

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 14:16:02 -0500
William K Helbig Jr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what I did?
>
> While editing a text document I somehow managed to cause the screen
> display to show two pages side by side, like what page preview does.
> Also if a create new document it opens in the same multi-page manner,
> but when opening an existing document it displays correctly as a single
> page.
>
> I'm sure I unintentionally selected some option but I can't figure out
> what or where.
>
> I am running OpenOffice 4.1.1 of a 64-bit Linux system.
>
> Skip H

Three icons at bottom right of OO window, on the status bar.  Click on leftmost icon (single page).  Adjust scale by pulling the slider to their right, or double click in % box on the corner and choose a scaling factor.
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Text document multi-page view

Howard Blum
I know my comment doesn't relate to the question, but I just wanted to let
you know just how much I am learning about the suite of applications by
simply reading these questions and answers.

Thanks.

On Dec 28, 2017 11:16 AM, "William K Helbig Jr" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what I did?
>
> While editing a text document I somehow managed to cause the screen
> display to show two pages side by side, like what page preview does. Also
> if a create new document it opens in the same multi-page manner,
> but when opening an existing document it displays correctly as a single
> page.
>
> I'm sure I unintentionally selected some option but I can't figure out
> what or where.
>
> I am running OpenOffice 4.1.1 of a 64-bit Linux system.
>
> Skip H

Re: Text document multi-page view

William K Helbig Jr
Rory,

Thanks. What I did was to somehow turn off the status bar so I didn't
see the controls. I though the display didn't look quite right but it
didn't dawn on me what was missing.

Skip H