problems with open office

DON LONG
I would like to be able to talk to someone about the issues we are having with Open Office.

I have checked the forums and tried the different "fixes" they claim to have found, but nothing is working.  Open office tends to close randomly and we lose all the work since the previous save.  This happens multiple times a day, and if I don't get to talk to someone, I am going to look at switching companies and going with another spreadsheet company.

Please contact me.

Susan

Dons Carz

785-232-6455

Re: problems with open office

Dave Fisher
Hi Don,

Apache OpenOffice is entirely supported by volunteers. Please provide information about your operating systems, versions, and which parts of OpenOffice are being used. Are you having trouble with particular document formats, etc?

We need details before we can try to help you.

Regards,
Dave

> On Sep 18, 2018, at 10:41 AM, DON LONG <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to be able to talk to someone about the issues we are having with Open Office.
>

> I have checked the forums and tried the different "fixes" they claim to have found, but nothing is working.  Open office tends to close randomly and we lose all the work since the previous save.  This happens multiple times a day, and if I don't get to talk to someone, I am going to look at switching companies and going with another spreadsheet company.
>

> Please contact me.
>

> Susan
>
> Dons Carz
>
> 785-232-6455

Re: problems with open office

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:41:03 -0400 (EDT)
DON LONG <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to be able to talk to someone about the issues we are having with Open Office.
>

> I have checked the forums and tried the different "fixes" they claim to have found, but nothing is working.  Open office tends to close randomly and we lose all the work since the previous save.  This happens multiple times a day, and if I don't get to talk to someone, I am going to look at switching companies and going with another spreadsheet company.
>

> Please contact me.
>

> Susan
>
> Dons Carz
>
> 785-232-6455

This list is manned by volunteers in their own time; there is no telephone support.

If you are using Windows 10 and the problem has started about six weeks ago, it is most probably caused by a Windows 10 upgrade in mid August.

This is probably caused by a Windows 10 upgrade. See this post for details, and the link from it to to prevent that upgrade reinstalling
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=95023&p=453212

I do not use Windows, so cannot help further with this, but reports on the Forum are that it works for most recent problems with Calc instability..

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>