problems with spreadsheet

casey rost
I have never used the spreadsheet before but a friend set me up and I am having problems.  It closes out before I get all my info entered.  I tried to update and receive message not compatable.  I retype info and keeps doing same error.  I uploaded the newer version available.  And it does the same thing.  Wondering if someone can fix it.  My computer is Asus.  Jean Rost

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: problems with spreadsheet

Martin Groenescheij

On 08/09/2020 15:30, casey rost wrote:
> I have never used the spreadsheet before but a friend set me up and I am having problems.
So it looks that your friend has set you up and now you are upset
>    It closes out before I get all my info entered.
So where does it closes out? How do you enter the data? Via the keyboard
or with copy and paste?
>    I tried to update and receive message not compatable.
Try to enter data in small portions, save it during data entry and see
where it is not compatible.
>   I retype info and keeps doing same error.  I uploaded the newer version available.  And it does the same thing.
So it looks like the problem is with your data
>    Wondering if someone can fix it.  My computer is Asus.  Jean Rost
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: problems with spreadsheet

casey rost
1. I really need to be able to use the spreadsheet. I entered everything individually. While typing it would just close. I would go back in recover the spreadsheet but none of the entries I made would be there so I would have to retype everything again. As entering it closes and loose everything. This happened on 4.1 and 4.7.   The friend who created the spreadsheet had saved everything prior to my using it. She had done some tests to see if it was totaling. Made sure it was saved. When I started using her total rows were not there. Because it closes at random during entering we learned to save often. But it doesn’t seem to be doing that. Jean

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On 09/09/2020 17:00, casey rost wrote:
> 1. I really need to be able to use the spreadsheet. I entered everything individually. While typing it would just close. I would go back in recover the spreadsheet but none of the entries I made would be there so I would have to retype everything again. As entering it closes and loose everything. This happened on 4.1 and 4.7.   The friend who created the spreadsheet had saved everything prior to my using it.
There could be many setting which differ from the settings at your
friends PC e.g. memory settings
or security settings.
>   She had done some tests to see if it was totaling.
Did your friend tested it on your or here system?
>   Made sure it was saved. When I started using her total rows were not there.
When you open the spreadsheet, can you see the rows that should total?
>   Because it closes at random during entering we learned to save often.
Try to enter data with the AutoCalculate option switched off from the
Tools - Cell Contents

> But it doesn’t seem to be doing that. Jean
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>

> On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 7:36 AM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 08/09/2020 15:30, casey rost wrote:
>> I have never used the spreadsheet before but a friend set me up and I am having problems.
> So it looks that your friend has set you up and now you are upset
>>      It closes out before I get all my info entered.
> So where does it closes out? How do you enter the data? Via the keyboard
> or with copy and paste?
>>      I tried to update and receive message not compatable.
> Try to enter data in small portions, save it during data entry and see
> where it is not compatible.
>>    I retype info and keeps doing same error.  I uploaded the newer version available.  And it does the same thing.
> So it looks like the problem is with your data
>>      Wondering if someone can fix it.  My computer is Asus.  Jean Rost
>>
>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: problems with spreadsheet

Shari Lynn Smith
Are you saying the program closes by itself? Without you clicking the X?
Are you seeing an error message when it does that?