[proposal] going Agile

12

Re: [proposal] going Agile

Patricia Shanahan

On 2/13/2018 2:22 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Marcus wrote:
>> @all:
>> What do you think is the first topic we should start with?
>
> I think the only reasonable way forward is that Peter chooses one of the
> many available tasks (digital signatures? Java 9 support? MSVC update?
> .docx export? you name it) and experiments the workflow limited to it.
> Even if it is a relatively small project, one can decompose it in many
> subtasks: none of these is "too simple" for an experiment.
>
> This way the rest of the project can continue as always, while we have a
> proof of concept that can involve volunteers and so on. Once the proof
> of concept is completed, it can serve as a model for expanding it.
>
> Otherwise my feeling is that we will waste too much time discussing the
> theory and making it perfect, but getting nowhere in practice.

+1 A practical demo of what the proposals mean in practice will be far
more useful than abstract discussion.

Re: [proposal] going Agile

Peter Kovacs-3

>+1 A practical demo of what the proposals mean in practice will be far
>more useful than abstract discussion.

How about your Idea to check all Arrays and replace them with containers?
We would create a master ticket,
Create sub tickets for each case.
Describing what we have to do.
Then distribute the cases and implement it. I try to ask people on recruitment if they are willing to join.

Maybe this is a good example to try this approach out.

Re: [proposal] going Agile

Patricia Shanahan

On 2/17/2018 1:04 AM, Peter kovacs wrote:

>> +1 A practical demo of what the proposals mean in practice will be far
>> more useful than abstract discussion.
>>
> How about your Idea to check all Arrays and replace them with containers?
> We would create a master ticket,
> Create sub tickets for each case.
> Describing what we have to do.
> Then distribute the cases and implement it. I try to ask people on recruitment if they are willing to join.
>
> Maybe this is a good example to try this approach out.

I don't think it is a good example, because it is a long term,
open-ended project.

It would be better to pick something that can be expected to be
completed within a reasonable demonstration period.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: [proposal] going Agile

Peter Kovacs-3
How long should a reasonable demonstration period be?

And what are the success criterias that has to be fulfilled?

Am 17. Februar 2018 16:08:10 MEZ schrieb Patricia Shanahan <[hidden email]>:

>On 2/17/2018 1:04 AM, Peter kovacs wrote:
>>

>>> +1 A practical demo of what the proposals mean in practice will be
>far
>>> more useful than abstract discussion.
>>>
>> How about your Idea to check all Arrays and replace them with
>containers?
>> We would create a master ticket,
>> Create sub tickets for each case.
>> Describing what we have to do.
>> Then distribute the cases and implement it. I try to ask people on
>recruitment if they are willing to join.
>>
>> Maybe this is a good example to try this approach out.
>
>I don't think it is a good example, because it is a long term,
>open-ended project.
>
>It would be better to pick something that can be expected to be
>completed within a reasonable demonstration period.
>
>---
>http://www.avg.com

Re: [proposal] going Agile

Peter Kovacs-3
After some thinking, I think this is not easy to answer without more
clarification.

So I have updated the List I have once started (Now called Points of
Interest). Added the going Agile topic, and will clarify the Point.

So no one has to read this discussion in order to get the picture.

The List contains more points. That are points I think they are
interesting to look into, my top points have my name behind them.

If anyone wants to add points or clarify points, please feel free to
edit / extend with sub pages.

I have added my name behind the points I put currently focus on.

On 18.02.2018 00:52, Peter kovacs wrote:

> How long should a reasonable demonstration period be?
>
> And what are the success criterias that has to be fulfilled?

>> far
>>>>
>>> How about your Idea to check all Arrays and replace them with
>> containers?
>>> We would create a master ticket,
>>> Create sub tickets for each case.
>>> Describing what we have to do.
>>> Then distribute the cases and implement it. I try to ask people on
>> recruitment if they are willing to join.
>>> Maybe this is a good example to try this approach out.
>> I don't think it is a good example, because it is a long term,
>> open-ended project.
>>
>> It would be better to pick something that can be expected to be
>> completed within a reasonable demonstration period.
>>
>> ---
>> http://www.avg.com

12