pyUno development information

Kázmér Koleszár
Hi All,

We at Multiracio are developing extensions mostly in Python, and so work a
lot with PyUno, and have some troubles with it. We would like to put more
efforts in fixing bugs and developing PyUno in the future and make it more
stable and reliable, but we would need some more technical information,
some kind of design document, as the structure seems sometimes quite
obscure... Can you help us in that ?

Thanks,
Kazmer Koleszar
Multiracio, Hungary

Re: pyUno development information

Alexandro Colorado-4
There has been some discussion about updating the PyUNO engine, there
are some changes on 3.x branch and some advantages as well. This is
not only the pyuno bridge but the way python works now.

Since the original developer has wonder off the project, is up to the
community to support it. There has been some technical discussions not
long ago on the dev@ mailing list about this move.

I would suggest to reffer to it and maybe revive it somehow.

About technical documentation, I would start with the code itself,
although developed on C++ looking at it might help understand how the
bridge works.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: pyUno development information

Mauricio Baeza
On 18/12/12 03:00, Kázmér Koleszár wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We at Multiracio are developing extensions mostly in Python, and so work a
> lot with PyUno, and have some troubles with it. We would like to put more
> efforts in fixing bugs and developing PyUno in the future and make it more
> stable and reliable, but we would need some more technical information,
> some kind of design document, as the structure seems sometimes quite
> obscure... Can you help us in that ?
>
> Thanks,
> Kazmer Koleszar
> Multiracio, Hungary

I develop Python extensions also ... you're right, sometimes not very
clear documentation ...

In forums in English there are many professionals who can help you, or
in this list can also post your questions.

Best regards

--
Mauricio Baeza Servín