question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

question

info


----- Forwarded message from [hidden email] -----
    Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:21:38 +0200
    From: [hidden email]
Subject: question
      To: [hidden email], [hidden email]

Hi,


i have an urgent problem:9 i live in the jungle and work on -line in  
europe. my computer got stolen and i have new laptop and need to be  
able to work. i cannot download open office it always says that the

installer security check has failed. common causes  inlcude incomplete  
download and damaged media   ... contact installers author for a new  
copy. more information is to be obtained at  
https://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error


is the problem. i have downloaded open office countless of times  
without any further problem as well as have had all my business  
contacts download it and begin using it in order to make simplify our  
work process. None have ever had a problem even the computer  
illiterate ones:) can you give me advice as i can download or does the  
problem lie on the climate here = we have rainy season. the server in  
general is working and i have access to all other sites and also no  
problems downloading other things.

the computer is a new acer laptop aspire with windows 7 betriebssytem .

mfg
virginia burg

--
www.traditionalplantmedicine.com

----- End forwarded message -----



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: question

johnny smith
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:17:33 -0000, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i cannot download open office it always says that the
> installer security check has failed. common causes  inlcude incomplete
> download and damaged media

try downloading via bittorrent. the protocol prescribes a client to check the integrity of each section of a file during the download process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: question

Andrea Pescetti-2
Forwarding the answer below to Virginia, who is not subscribed to the
ooo-users discussion list... General advice: use "Reply All" when
someone is clearly posting to ooo-users for the first time.
Andrea

On 25/10/2012 johnny smith wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:17:33 -0000, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> i cannot download open office it always says that the
>> installer security check has failed. common causes inlcude incomplete
>> download and damaged media
>
> try downloading via bittorrent. the protocol prescribes a client to
> check the integrity of each section of a file during the download process.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: question

Kadal Amutham
Next time instead of down loading open office, kindly down load linux
10.04. You can have the OS, on  a CD, pen drive, or in your hard disk,
along with your windows. The OS has built on Libre Office which almost same
as Open Office.
With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480


On 26 October 2012 04:08, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Forwarding the answer below to Virginia, who is not subscribed to the
> ooo-users discussion list... General advice: use "Reply All" when someone
> is clearly posting to ooo-users for the first time.
> Andrea
>
>
> On 25/10/2012 johnny smith wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:17:33 -0000, <info@**traditionalplantmedicine.com<[hidden email]>
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>  i cannot download open office it always says that the
>>> installer security check has failed. common causes inlcude incomplete
>>> download and damaged media
>>>
>>
>> try downloading via bittorrent. the protocol prescribes a client to
>> check the integrity of each section of a file during the download process.
>>
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@**incubator.apache.org<[hidden email]>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.**apache.org<[hidden email]>
>>
>>
>>
> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@**incubator.apache.org<[hidden email]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.**apache.org<[hidden email]>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[OT - headers] Re: question

NoOp-4
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
On 10/25/2012 03:38 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Forwarding the answer below to Virginia, who is not subscribed to the
> ooo-users discussion list... General advice: use "Reply All" when
> someone is clearly posting to ooo-users for the first time.
> Andrea

Andrea, I see that you are using Thunderbird. What filters are you using
to sort out non-subcribers/moderated?



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

johnny smith
> Andrea, I see that you are using Thunderbird. What filters are you using
> to sort out non-subcribers/moderated?

non-subscribers/moderated have the string "Delivered-To: moderator for [hidden email]" among headers, so they can be labelled. sorry for not being andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

Andrea Pescetti-2
johnny smith wrote:
>> Andrea, I see that you are using Thunderbird. What filters are you
>> using to sort out non-subcribers/moderated?
> non-subscribers/moderated have the string "Delivered-To: moderator
> for [hidden email]" among headers

Exactly. Unfortunately it seems that Thunderbird filters often ignore it
because they get confused by another "Delivered-To" header, so good
sense (you can often guess that someone is new), CTRL-U (to check the
source for this header) and "Reply All" (in doubt, just do it) help too.

After we migrate lists out of the @incubator.a.o addresses, we may want
to talk to Infra to see if this can be improved.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

Shane Curcuru
On 10/30/2012 3:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> johnny smith wrote:
>>> Andrea, I see that you are using Thunderbird. What filters are you
>>> using to sort out non-subcribers/moderated?
>> non-subscribers/moderated have the string "Delivered-To: moderator
>> for [hidden email]" among headers

For some other tips on setting up Thunderbird filtering, please see:

   http://markmail.org/message/katmtejfsx5xomvo

> Exactly. Unfortunately it seems that Thunderbird filters often ignore it
> because they get confused by another "Delivered-To" header, so good
> sense (you can often guess that someone is new), CTRL-U (to check the
> source for this header) and "Reply All" (in doubt, just do it) help too.

Hagar Delest pointed out this unfortunate Thunderbird bug that still
seems to be open, which means multiple header types might not be
filtered correctly:

   https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=678322

> After we migrate lists out of the @incubator.a.o addresses, we may want
> to talk to Infra to see if this can be improved.

+1, this list in particular would get a big benefit if we could figure
out clear instructions for this issue.

- Shane

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

Keith N. McKenna
Shane Curcuru wrote:

> On 10/30/2012 3:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> johnny smith wrote:
>>>> Andrea, I see that you are using Thunderbird. What filters are you
>>>> using to sort out non-subcribers/moderated?
>>> non-subscribers/moderated have the string "Delivered-To: moderator
>>> for [hidden email]" among headers
>
> For some other tips on setting up Thunderbird filtering, please see:
>
>    http://markmail.org/message/katmtejfsx5xomvo
>
Shane;

That filter will work fine to move them to a specific folder, but will
not address the issue of easily identifying unsubscribed users. The only
way I have ever found is to use the Delivered-To: contains moderator Tag
[your favorite colour] construct. Unfortunately an unresolved bug in
Thunderbird rules that out for people using it as a mail and nntp client.

Regards
Keith


>> Exactly. Unfortunately it seems that Thunderbird filters often ignore it
>> because they get confused by another "Delivered-To" header, so good
>> sense (you can often guess that someone is new), CTRL-U (to check the
>> source for this header) and "Reply All" (in doubt, just do it) help too.
>
> Hagar Delest pointed out this unfortunate Thunderbird bug that still
> seems to be open, which means multiple header types might not be
> filtered correctly:
>
>    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=678322
>
>> After we migrate lists out of the @incubator.a.o addresses, we may want
>> to talk to Infra to see if this can be improved.
>
> +1, this list in particular would get a big benefit if we could figure
> out clear instructions for this issue.
>
> - Shane



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

Hagar Delest
In reply to this post by Shane Curcuru
Le 30/10/2012 14:04, Shane Curcuru a écrit :
>
> Hagar Delest pointed out this unfortunate Thunderbird bug that still seems to be open, which means multiple header types might not be filtered correctly:
>
>    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=678322
>
>> After we migrate lists out of the @incubator.a.o addresses, we may want
>> to talk to Infra to see if this can be improved.

Perhaps a workaround would be to invert the headers for the Delivered-to fileds: since the first one only is detected, then put the moderator first.

Hagar

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

Keith N. McKenna
Hagar Delest wrote:

> Le 30/10/2012 14:04, Shane Curcuru a écrit :
>>
>> Hagar Delest pointed out this unfortunate Thunderbird bug that still
>> seems to be open, which means multiple header types might not be
>> filtered correctly:
>>
>>    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=678322
>>
>>> After we migrate lists out of the @incubator.a.o addresses, we may want
>>> to talk to Infra to see if this can be improved.
>
> Perhaps a workaround would be to invert the headers for the Delivered-to
> fileds: since the first one only is detected, then put the moderator first.
>
> Hagar
That may well work Hagar, but I believe it would  require a change to
the mailing list softwareand I do not know i we have access to that code
or not.

Regards
Keith


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

NoOp-4
In reply to this post by Shane Curcuru
On 10/30/2012 06:04 AM, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> On 10/30/2012 3:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> johnny smith wrote:
>>>> Andrea, I see that you are using Thunderbird. What filters are you
>>>> using to sort out non-subcribers/moderated?
>>> non-subscribers/moderated have the string "Delivered-To: moderator
>>> for [hidden email]" among headers
>
> For some other tips on setting up Thunderbird filtering, please see:
>
>    http://markmail.org/message/katmtejfsx5xomvo
>
>> Exactly. Unfortunately it seems that Thunderbird filters often ignore it
>> because they get confused by another "Delivered-To" header, so good
>> sense (you can often guess that someone is new), CTRL-U (to check the
>> source for this header) and "Reply All" (in doubt, just do it) help too.
>
> Hagar Delest pointed out this unfortunate Thunderbird bug that still
> seems to be open, which means multiple header types might not be
> filtered correctly:
>
>    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=678322

Yes. Been there done that (see my comments on that bug and also on 16913).

The _nonstandard_ 'Delivered-To' is used for loop-detection:
<http://people.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mail-headers/mail-headers.html>
<http://www.ninebynine.org/IETF/Messaging/HdrRegistry/draft-klyne-hdrreg-prov-mail-00.html#hdr.Delivered-To>
and is not defined by any RFC. As such, 'Delivered-To', shouldn't be
used twice to begin with. Does the Apache listserv _really_ need two
'Delivered-To' headers for loop detection?

The easiest & best solution IMO would be to add it as an X header
(example: X-Delivered-To: moderator). That way it is a distinct header
that any mail or nntp client that is capable of filtering on headers can
use.

Certainly with all of the experience Apache has with mail lists, it
shouldn't be too difficult to make the modification... right?
...



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 01/11/2012 NoOp wrote:
> The _nonstandard_ 'Delivered-To' is used for loop-detection: ...
> and is not defined by any RFC.

Interesting to know, thanks.

> The easiest&  best solution IMO would be to add it as an X header
> (example: X-Delivered-To: moderator). ...
> Certainly with all of the experience Apache has with mail lists, it
> shouldn't be too difficult to make the modification... right?

As you have probably discovered by now, talking to Infra isn't always
easy, especially because with 150 projects they are quite reluctant to
apply project-specific configuration.

But once the mailing list migration from the Incubator is completed (and
the overall migration progress so far is good, as you see on
http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes ) we will try to see
how to improve this. I was thinking of (a combination of) an
"X-Apache-moderated: yes" header (similar to your proposal), adding a
"[moderated]" tag at the end of the subject, setting Reply-To to
list+sender instead of list only. But we will reopen this discussion
again once the ooo-users list has been moved out of the Incubator
namespace, which should happen within a few days, depending on Infra.

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT - headers] Re: questi­on

NoOp-4
On 11/02/2012 11:34 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 01/11/2012 NoOp wrote:
>> The _nonstandard_ 'Delivered-To' is used for loop-detection: ...
>> and is not defined by any RFC.
>
> Interesting to know, thanks.
>
>> The easiest&  best solution IMO would be to add it as an X header
>> (example: X-Delivered-To: moderator). ...
>> Certainly with all of the experience Apache has with mail lists, it
>> shouldn't be too difficult to make the modification... right?
>
> As you have probably discovered by now, talking to Infra isn't always
> easy, especially because with 150 projects they are quite reluctant to
> apply project-specific configuration.
>
> But once the mailing list migration from the Incubator is completed (and
> the overall migration progress so far is good, as you see on
> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-graduation-changes ) we will try to see
> how to improve this. I was thinking of (a combination of) an
> "X-Apache-moderated: yes" header (similar to your proposal), adding a
> "[moderated]" tag at the end of the subject, setting Reply-To to
> list+sender instead of list only. But we will reopen this discussion
> again once the ooo-users list has been moved out of the Incubator
> namespace, which should happen within a few days, depending on Infra.

Thanks Andrea. This has been a thorn in the rear for the mail list(s)
for quite some time (years), so I sincerely hope that Apache can
eventually get this sorted out.





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]