"Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

"Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

On the AOO download page I see a blue underlined heading either in English
("Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released") or  in the language version (if
available).
There are two exceptions:

1. Portuguese BR
"Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" - that has nothing to do with the
release of 4.1.8
Perhaps it should be replaced with the original message "Apache OpenOffice
4.1.8 released"?

2. Hindi
Still displays "4.1.7"

If needed, due screenshot is at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiRC7WGh7hAundh33W0j2xnXf-6WxEqS/view?usp=sharing

@Matthias
Thanks for your outstanding work these days...

Regards
Czesław

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Czeslaw, all

> On 11/13/2020 9:09 AM Czesław Wolański <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1. Portuguese BR
> "Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" - that has nothing to do with the
> release of 4.1.8
> Perhaps it should be replaced with the original message "Apache OpenOffice
> 4.1.8 released"?

It can safely be released with the same message as pt (Europeu)
"O novo Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 já saiu!"

On the other hand "Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" is never wrong or outdated ;)

Regards,
Pedro

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Matthias Seidel
Hi Czesław,

Am 13.11.20 um 10:09 schrieb Czesław Wolański:

> Hi,
>
> On the AOO download page I see a blue underlined heading either in English
> ("Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released") or  in the language version (if
> available).
> There are two exceptions:
>
> 1. Portuguese BR
> "Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" - that has nothing to do with the
> release of 4.1.8
> Perhaps it should be replaced with the original message "Apache OpenOffice
> 4.1.8 released"?
Yes, that was what the Portuguese BR community choose at that time.

Let's wait for some opinions (Pedro did already write).

> 2. Hindi
> Still displays "4.1.7"
Well. that was just an oversight from me due to the late hour... Fixed!

> If needed, due screenshot is at the following link:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiRC7WGh7hAundh33W0j2xnXf-6WxEqS/view?usp=sharing
>

> @Matthias
> Thanks for your outstanding work these days...

Thanks, but I am not alone... ;-)
This is really an outstanding community (and you are part of it).

BTW: Yesterday we had more than 123,000 downloads, not bad!

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards
> Czesław

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Dave Fisher-3
Hi Matthias,

Unless there are more changes planned, I plan to migrate the release changes to the new site repos. I‘ll be looking into how we can script these changes including staging.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 13, 2020, at 7:54 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Czesław,
>
>> Am 13.11.20 um 10:09 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On the AOO download page I see a blue underlined heading either in English
>> ("Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released") or  in the language version (if
>> available).
>> There are two exceptions:
>>
>> 1. Portuguese BR
>> "Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" - that has nothing to do with the
>> release of 4.1.8
>> Perhaps it should be replaced with the original message "Apache OpenOffice
>> 4.1.8 released"?
>
> Yes, that was what the Portuguese BR community choose at that time.
>
> Let's wait for some opinions (Pedro did already write).
>

>> 2. Hindi
>> Still displays "4.1.7"
> Well. that was just an oversight from me due to the late hour... Fixed!
>>
>> If needed, due screenshot is at the following link:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiRC7WGh7hAundh33W0j2xnXf-6WxEqS/view?usp=sharing
>>

>> @Matthias
>> Thanks for your outstanding work these days...
>
> Thanks, but I am not alone... ;-)
> This is really an outstanding community (and you are part of it).
>
> BTW: Yesterday we had more than 123,000 downloads, not bad!
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>

>> Regards
>> Czesław

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Czesław Wolański
Hi Pedro, Matthias, all

@Pedro
Thanks for your proposal.
Fortunately I can neither speak Portuguese nor Portuguese BR. ;‑)

>Yes, that was what the Portuguese BR community choose at that time.
>
> Let's wait for some opinions (Pedro did already write).

+1
My suggestion was meant only for a time period as short as possible.

Regards,
Czesław

пт, 13 нояб. 2020 г. в 17:01, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Unless there are more changes planned, I plan to migrate the release
> changes to the new site repos. I‘ll be looking into how we can script these
> changes including staging.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 13, 2020, at 7:54 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Czesław,
> >
> >> Am 13.11.20 um 10:09 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> On the AOO download page I see a blue underlined heading either in
> English
> >> ("Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released") or  in the language version (if
> >> available).
> >> There are two exceptions:
> >>
> >> 1. Portuguese BR
> >> "Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" - that has nothing to do with the
> >> release of 4.1.8
> >> Perhaps it should be replaced with the original message "Apache
> OpenOffice
> >> 4.1.8 released"?
> >
> > Yes, that was what the Portuguese BR community choose at that time.
> >
> > Let's wait for some opinions (Pedro did already write).
> >

> >> 2. Hindi
> >> Still displays "4.1.7"
> > Well. that was just an oversight from me due to the late hour... Fixed!
> >>
> >> If needed, due screenshot is at the following link:
> >>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiRC7WGh7hAundh33W0j2xnXf-6WxEqS/view?usp=sharing
> >>

> >> @Matthias
> >> Thanks for your outstanding work these days...
> >
> > Thanks, but I am not alone... ;-)
> > This is really an outstanding community (and you are part of it).
> >
> > BTW: Yesterday we had more than 123,000 downloads, not bad!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >    Matthias
> >

> >> Regards
> >> Czesław

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Matthias Seidel
Hi Dave,

Am 13.11.20 um 17:01 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Unless there are more changes planned, I plan to migrate the release changes to the new site repos. I‘ll be looking into how we can script these changes including staging.

I think we have no more changes pending.
Looking forward to the new CMS!

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 13, 2020, at 7:54 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Czesław,
>>
>>> Am 13.11.20 um 10:09 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On the AOO download page I see a blue underlined heading either in English
>>> ("Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released") or  in the language version (if
>>> available).
>>> There are two exceptions:
>>>
>>> 1. Portuguese BR
>>> "Saiba como PARTICIPAR do projeto" - that has nothing to do with the
>>> release of 4.1.8
>>> Perhaps it should be replaced with the original message "Apache OpenOffice
>>> 4.1.8 released"?
>> Yes, that was what the Portuguese BR community choose at that time.
>>
>> Let's wait for some opinions (Pedro did already write).
>>
>>> 2. Hindi
>>> Still displays "4.1.7"
>> Well. that was just an oversight from me due to the late hour... Fixed!
>>> If needed, due screenshot is at the following link:
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiRC7WGh7hAundh33W0j2xnXf-6WxEqS/view?usp=sharing
>>>

>>> @Matthias
>>> Thanks for your outstanding work these days...
>> Thanks, but I am not alone... ;-)
>> This is really an outstanding community (and you are part of it).
>>
>> BTW: Yesterday we had more than 123,000 downloads, not bad!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Regards
>>> Czesław

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Dave Fisher-2
Hi Matthias,

There were three language sites missed:

Icelandic - is
Serbian - sr-cyrl and sr-latn (missed since 4.0.1)

It looks like Serbian sr is not translated while we have an sr-cyrl.

It would make sense to fix Icelandic now and Serbian after I push the release changes into the new CMS as a practice Pull Request.

Regards,
Dave

Am 13.11.20 um 18:16 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> There were three language sites missed:
>
> Icelandic - is
Fixed now!
> Serbian - sr-cyrl and sr-latn (missed since 4.0.1)
>
> It looks like Serbian sr is not translated while we have an sr-cyrl.

I see, the main page (sr) is up to date but not translated (that would
need a native speaker).
Don't know if we ever used the other two in the last years...

> It would make sense to fix Icelandic now and Serbian after I push the release changes into the new CMS as a practice Pull Request.

Yes, please go ahead!

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 13, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Am 13.11.20 um 17:01 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>
>>> Unless there are more changes planned, I plan to migrate the release changes to the new site repos. I‘ll be looking into how we can script these changes including staging.
>> I think we have no more changes pending.
>> Looking forward to the new CMS!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Marcus (OOo)

> Am 13.11.20 um 18:16 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>
>> There were three language sites missed:
>>
>> Icelandic - is
> Fixed now!
>> Serbian - sr-cyrl and sr-latn (missed since 4.0.1)
>>
>> It looks like Serbian sr is not translated while we have an sr-cyrl.
>
> I see, the main page (sr) is up to date but not translated (that would
> need a native speaker).
> Don't know if we ever used the other two in the last years...
>
>> It would make sense to fix Icelandic now and Serbian after I push the release changes into the new CMS as a practice Pull Request.
>
> Yes, please go ahead!

ACK, let's fix this and the pt-BR string in the new CMS; even it takes
some days.

Marcus

>>> On Nov 13, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Dave,

>>> I think we have no more changes pending.
>>> Looking forward to the new CMS!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>     Matthias

Re: "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 released" on the download page

Dave Fisher-2

> On Nov 13, 2020, at 10:55 AM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Am 13.11.20 um 18:16 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>>
>>> There were three language sites missed:
>>>
>>> Icelandic - is
>> Fixed now!
>>> Serbian - sr-cyrl and sr-latn (missed since 4.0.1)
>>>
>>> It looks like Serbian sr is not translated while we have an sr-cyrl.
>> I see, the main page (sr) is up to date but not translated (that would
>> need a native speaker).
>> Don't know if we ever used the other two in the last years...
>>> It would make sense to fix Icelandic now and Serbian after I push the release changes into the new CMS as a practice Pull Request.
>> Yes, please go ahead!
>
> ACK, let's fix this and the pt-BR string in the new CMS; even it takes some days.

https://openoffice-org.staged.apache.org <https://openoffice-org.staged.apache.org/> is now updated.

The repository is https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org <https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org>

Make changes by raising a Pull Request.

Regards,