"Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?

Kirill S. Palagin
Hello everybody.

I am thinking of company-wide migration from MS Office to OOo. As one of
major cause for support calls I see the fact that "Page Setup" is
located in totally different menu.
What do developers think of calling "Page Style" dialog via "File\Page
Setup" (in addition to existing "Format-Page")?

Thanks a lot.
WBR,
KP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?

Cor Nouws
Hi KP,

Kirill S. Palagin wrote:
> I am thinking of company-wide migration from MS Office to OOo. As one of
> major cause for support calls I see the fact that "Page Setup" is
> located in totally different menu.
> What do developers think of calling "Page Style" dialog via "File\Page
> Setup" (in addition to existing "Format-Page")?

There is an issue (with vigorous discussion) on this question.
However, your company-wide migration doesn't have to be delayed.

Via Tools|Customize it's really easy to add Page setup to the File menu.

HTH & Greetings,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws
www.bsooo.nl - www.nouenoff.nl
Free your files

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: "Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?

Kirill S. Palagin
In reply to this post by Kirill S. Palagin
Thanks a lot!
Will do that.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cor Nouws [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:47 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [dev] "Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?
>
> Hi KP,
>
> Kirill S. Palagin wrote:
> > I am thinking of company-wide migration from MS Office to
> OOo. As one
> > of major cause for support calls I see the fact that "Page
> Setup" is
> > located in totally different menu.
> > What do developers think of calling "Page Style" dialog via
> "File\Page
> > Setup" (in addition to existing "Format-Page")?
>
> There is an issue (with vigorous discussion) on this question.
> However, your company-wide migration doesn't have to be delayed.
>
> Via Tools|Customize it's really easy to add Page setup to the
> File menu.
>
> HTH & Greetings,
> Cor
>
> --
> Cor Nouws
> www.bsooo.nl - www.nouenoff.nl
> Free your files
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] For
> additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?

Cor Nouws
Hi Kirill,

Kirill S. Palagin wrote:
> Thanks a lot!
You're welcome.

> Will do that.
If you dive a little in it, you might be able to find a way to
distrubite it amoung all users by changing one of the xcu-files in IIRC
Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\
(or the Linux equivalent)

Greetings,
Cor


>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Cor Nouws [mailto:[hidden email]]
>>Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:47 PM
>>To: [hidden email]
>>Subject: Re: [dev] "Format-Page" duplicating as "File-Page Setup"?
>>
>>Hi KP,
>>
>>Kirill S. Palagin wrote:
>>
>>>I am thinking of company-wide migration from MS Office to
>>
>>OOo. As one
>>
>>>of major cause for support calls I see the fact that "Page
>>
>>Setup" is
>>
>>>located in totally different menu.
>>>What do developers think of calling "Page Style" dialog via
>>
>>"File\Page
>>
>>>Setup" (in addition to existing "Format-Page")?
>>
>>There is an issue (with vigorous discussion) on this question.
>>However, your company-wide migration doesn't have to be delayed.
>>
>>Via Tools|Customize it's really easy to add Page setup to the
>>File menu.
>>
>>HTH & Greetings,
>>Cor
>>
>>--
>>Cor Nouws
>>www.bsooo.nl - www.nouenoff.nl
>>Free your files
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] For
>>additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>


--
Cor Nouws
www.bsooo.nl - www.nouenoff.nl
Free your files

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]