"Open Office" question

Joe O'Brien
Is there a way to configure Open Office to show what an icon's function is when one points at it with the cursor? I know in MS Word and other programs, when you point the cursor at an icon, a small 'box' (for lack of a better word) shows up with the icons function noted. I'd sure like to do this in Open Office. Thank you.  Joe.

Re: "Open Office" question

Paul
Have a look at tools > options > OpenOffice.org > general - under  help tips.

/paul

On 11/28/05, Joe O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to configure Open Office to show what an icon's function is when one points at it with the cursor? I know in MS Word and other programs, when you point the cursor at an icon, a small 'box' (for lack of a better word) shows up with the icons function noted. I'd sure like to do this in Open Office. Thank you.  Joe.

Re: "Open Office" question

Dan Lewis-6
On Sunday 27 November 2005 02:52 pm, Joe O'Brien wrote:
> Is there a way to configure Open Office to show what an icon's function is
> when one points at it with the cursor? I know in MS Word and other
> programs, when you point the cursor at an icon, a small 'box' (for lack of
> a better word) shows up with the icons function noted. I'd sure like to do
> this in Open Office. Thank you.  Joe.

Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > General. Make sure Help is selected.
(Select each one of these in the order given. Click the plus sign in front of
OpenOffice.org to locate General.)

Dan

Re: "Open Office" question

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 12:52 -0800, Joe O'Brien wrote:
> Is there a way to configure Open Office to show what an icon's function
>  is when one points at it with the cursor? I know in MS Word and other
>  programs, when you point the cursor at an icon, a small 'box' (for
>  lack of a better word) shows up with the icons function noted. I'd
>  sure like to do this in Open Office. Thank you.  Joe.

I think this was asked a couple of days ago and answered. The solution
is still the same, enable tips and extended tips in Tools > Options >
OpenOffice.org > General.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead