read-only documents

Tom-3
In Windows 10 (a newly re-installed Windows 10) I have a spreadsheet that opens in read-only mode and says I have insufficient rights to change that. How can I get those rights? It will not let me save the sheet with the same name.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: read-only documents

David Robley
A google search for "user rights windows 10" will turn up a number of
sites with potential solutions. This is a Windows issue, not Apache
OpenOffice.

On 19/06/18 06:02, Tom wrote:
> In Windows 10 (a newly re-installed Windows 10) I have a spreadsheet that opens in read-only mode and says I have insufficient rights to change that. How can I get those rights? It will not let me save the sheet with the same name.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheers
--
David Robley

"Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?" -- Calvin

Re: read-only documents

Alan Pearce-2
When this occasionally hapens to me I have found closing the document and reopening solves the ptoblem.

On 19/06/18 06:02, Tom wrote:
> In Windows 10 (a newly re-installed Windows 10) I have a spreadsheet that opens in read-only mode and says I have insufficient rights to change that. How can I get those rights? It will not let me save the sheet with the same name.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheers
--
David Robley

"Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?" -- Calvin

Re: read-only documents

Martin Groenescheij

On 19/6/18 8:59 am, Alan Pearce wrote:
> When this occasionally hapens to me I have found closing the document and reopening solves the ptoblem.
But could create other problems e.g. you loose all changes made.

Re: read-only documents

M Henri Day
> On 19/06/18 06:02, Tom wrote:
> > In Windows 10 (a newly re-installed Windows 10) I have a spreadsheet
> that opens in read-only mode and says I have insufficient rights to change
> that. How can I get those rights? It will not let me save the sheet with
> the same name.
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10

​Tom, one way of dealing with the acute problem would be to use the «Save
as» option​ to save the spreadsheet draught under a slightly different
name, which will allow you to continue working on it. When  the task at
hand has been completed, you can then search for a more permanent way to
deal with such annoying notices in Windows 10....

Henri

Re: read-only documents

Alan Pearce-2
But, if it's "read only", you can't have made any changes Martin
Alan

> When this occasionally hapens to me I have found closing the document and reopening solves the ptoblem.
But could create other problems e.g. you loose all changes made.

Re: read-only documents

Martin Groenescheij

On 19/6/18 10:11 pm, Alan Pearce wrote:
> But, if it's "read only", you can't have made any changes Martin

Oops! my fault.