references to OpenOffice.org in the wiki

references to OpenOffice.org in the wiki

John D'Orazio
I see that in the wiki pages at https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ there are
still many references to OpenOffice.org . Am I correct in understanding
that this was the old brand name, and now it would be more correct to refer
to "Apache OpenOffice" or more simply "OpenOffice"? Is it alright if I
change the references from  OpenOffice.org  to Apache OpenOffice or simply
OpenOffice?

John R. D'Orazio

Re: references to OpenOffice.org in the wiki

Dick Groskamp-4

On 2020/11/17 11:49:34, "John D'Orazio" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see that in the wiki pages at https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ there are
> still many references to OpenOffice.org . Am I correct in understanding
> that this was the old brand name, and now it would be more correct to refer
> to "Apache OpenOffice" or more simply "OpenOffice"? Is it alright if I
> change the references from  OpenOffice.org  to Apache OpenOffice or simply
> OpenOffice?
>
> --
> John R. D'Orazio
> John,
OpenOffice is the registered brand of a company in the Netherlands so you can't use that.

Most (a lot) of references are inserted with the template {{OOo}} which is short for OpenOffice.org
Some time ago someone entered the template {{AOo}} which is short for Apache OpenOffice

You can replace {{OOo}} by {{AOo}} and your done  :-)
Otherwise, replace OpenOffice.org by {{AOo}}

Re: references to OpenOffice.org in the wiki

Dave Fisher-2
OpenOffice is registered by Apache in the US.

Sent from my iPhone