saving

Franklin Schutz
Dear support,

OpenOffie 4.1.5 does not allow me to save documents.

I receive the following message:

Error saving the document “textos”.
General input /output error while accessing
C:\users\owner\documents\Spanish\textos.odt

Also the message “ unauthorised changes blocked”.

Can you help please ?

Regards.
Franklin Schutz.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: saving

David Belina-2
This not an Openoffice error.  The underlying Operating System (Windows?) doesn’t allow you to write to the sub-directory.  Either change the permissions on the path as Admin or change the save directory in Openoffice to another directory (( c:\users\owner\documents).  If this is a share drive or a company drive, your administrator might be able to change the permissions for you.

David Belina

On Jun 13, 2018, 7:26 AM -0600, Franklin Schutz <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Dear support,
>
> OpenOffie 4.1.5 does not allow me to save documents.
>
> I receive the following message:
>
> Error saving the document “textos”.
> General input /output error while accessing
> C:\users\owner\documents\Spanish\textos.odt
>
> Also the message “ unauthorised changes blocked”.
>
> Can you help please ?
>
> Regards.
> Franklin Schutz.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: saving

Matthias Seidel

Am 13.06.2018 um 14:36 schrieb Franklin Schutz:

> Dear support,
>
> OpenOffie 4.1.5 does not allow me to save documents.
>
> I receive the following message:
>
> Error saving the document “textos”.
> General input /output error while accessing
> C:\users\owner\documents\Spanish\textos.odt
>
> Also the message “ unauthorised changes blocked”.
You might have enabled Microsofts Controlled folder access:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-10-home-unauthorized-changes-blocked/1feba668-4273-4a1b-8cd3-ac6485cb4280

Regards,
   Matthias

> Can you help please ?