Quantcast

selectively modifiable text document?

Gary Aitken-2
Hi all,

Is it possible to make a text document (odt) read-only with selectively
modifiable regions?  I'm looking for an alternative to modifiable pdfs.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: selectively modifiable text document?

Regina Henschel
Hi Gary,

Gary Aitken schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to make a text document (odt) read-only with selectively
> modifiable regions?  I'm looking for an alternative to modifiable pdfs.

You can use sections. You can set a section to be read-only, with
password needed to change that state, or the other way round, you can
set the document to read-only and set a section to be editable.

If you need only single words to be modifiable, then you can use input
fields for them and set the whole document to read-only.

The protection for the document is an option in the save dialog. You can
leave the encryption empty. Open the "More Options", then set the
document to read-only and set a password for edit mode.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: selectively modifiable text document?

Regina Henschel
Hi Gary,

to be clear, if the user can read the file, he can always circumvent
protections.

Kind regards
Regina