setting up ssh access

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi all,

I try to setup ssh access.

I found this side in our wiki, which sounds quite out dated:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_up_Subversion_Access

Do we still use DSA encryption?

And the list [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
is this still true?

Which one is the right one?

All the best

Peter

Re: setting up ssh access

Dave Fisher
Hi Peter,

Certainly outdated.

Look on OpenOffice.apache.org

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 30, 2017, at 12:21 AM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I try to setup ssh access.
>

> I found this side in our wiki, which sounds quite out dated:
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_up_Subversion_Access
>
> Do we still use DSA encryption?
>
> And the list [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> is this still true?
>
> Which one is the right one?
>

> All the best
>
> Peter

Re: setting up ssh access

Andrea Pescetti-2
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> I found this side in our wiki, which sounds quite out dated:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_up_Subversion_Access

Yes, mark the page as obsolete please! (need a wiki account? ask here)

> Which one is the right one?

This depends on what you want to do.

If you want to check out (and commit) source code, you don't need shell
access and https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html contains
everything, as Dave explained.

If you want shell access to the people.apache.org machine or
home.apache.org machine, I think (not sure) they have now been
deprecated even though you will probably find outdated guides around.
The former is going to be decommissioned (but it might still be active),
the latter is now SFTP-only.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: setting up ssh access

Keith N. McKenna
On 8/30/2017 1:22 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> I found this side in our wiki, which sounds quite out dated:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_up_Subversion_Access
>
> Yes, mark the page as obsolete please! (need a wiki account? ask here)

I have marked the page with the Outdated Template. If an obsolete
template is needed I can add one.

Keith