some discussion (was: New Committer: Detlef Nannen)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

some discussion (was: New Committer: Detlef Nannen)

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

> Do you really think it's OK to complain here in this thread about others
> which are not invited?
> Don't you think that starting a *new* mail thread is the only way to do
> this?

Yes, this criticism is justified. I accept it and apologize for not opening a new thread.

> But only from just 1-2 people, right? I doubt that it was the complete PMC.

As far as I heard the first answer from the PMC to me was already agreed upon within the PMC, so this answer was the opinion of the whole PMC, although it was given by a single PMC member.

Already this, first, answer I found completely inappropriate and was the beginning of a deep disappointment on my part.

Until then I was convinced that at least the PMC in its entirety would react with wisdom and in an appropriate way to all problems of the project and that I could always hope for support from the PMC, no matter how big the problems were.

I can only speak openly about what I think, because imho problems can only be solved with openness. If this openness is interpreted to me as if I only want to provoke, I don't know what to do. I do not believe in polite lies.


and please read me correctly, because I made it very clear that I do not mean the whole PMC:

"Let me be more specific: I have little trust in those who are currently have a decisive influence on its activities, because there are also members of the PMC whose performance I regard with great respect and many members whom I have never got to know concretely."

> BTW:
> When someone is not invited until now means *of course not* that the
> person is not wanted. Because it is also possible that the PMC don't
> know her/him or doesn't see the full amount of participation in the
> OpenOffice project.

How could a person not be known with whom e.g. Mathias has worked together? A person who had also worked on the previous flyers.



Greetings,
Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: some discussion (was: New Committer: Detlef Nannen)

Marcus (OOo)
Am 01.07.20 um 21:29 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>> Do you really think it's OK to complain here in this thread about others
>> which are not invited?
>> Don't you think that starting a *new* mail thread is the only way to do
>> this?
>
> Yes, this criticism is justified. I accept it and apologize for not opening a new thread.

OK

>> But only from just 1-2 people, right? I doubt that it was the complete PMC.
>
> As far as I heard the first answer from the PMC to me was already agreed upon within the PMC, so this answer was the opinion of the whole PMC, although it was given by a single PMC member.

I don't remember about any topic where every PMC has given an opinion
that was collected first and then an answer was sent to you.

> Already this, first, answer I found completely inappropriate and was the beginning of a deep disappointment on my part.
>
> Until then I was convinced that at least the PMC in its entirety would react with wisdom and in an appropriate way to all problems of the project and that I could always hope for support from the PMC, no matter how big the problems were.

Normally you can and should believe in this assumption. However, also
the PMC consists of humans and these are not always free of errors.

> I can only speak openly about what I think, because imho problems can only be solved with openness. If this openness is interpreted to me as if I only want to provoke, I don't know what to do. I do not believe in polite lies.
>
>
> and please read me correctly, because I made it very clear that I do not mean the whole PMC:
>
> "Let me be more specific: I have little trust in those who are currently have a decisive influence on its activities, because there are also members of the PMC whose performance I regard with great respect and many members whom I have never got to know concretely."

OK, this is your experience and therefore your opinion. Other inside and
outside the PMC may have made different experiences.

>> BTW:
>> When someone is not invited until now means *of course not* that the
>> person is not wanted. Because it is also possible that the PMC don't
>> know her/him or doesn't see the full amount of participation in the
>> OpenOffice project.
>
> How could a person not be known with whom e.g. Mathias has worked together? A person who had also worked on the previous flyers.

I don't know how but it is possible. Even when we stand for open source
and open communication, there are parts that are maybe not open or not
open enough.

As always, these are my 2ct.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]