something missing

Dennis Sampson
I don't know what it is called but there used to be on the left side of the
document and across the top of the document a scale, measuring tape, or
what ever it is called that allowed me to set the indentation for
paragraphs and how high up on the paper I wanted my writing to appear. I
don't know how to get it back, can someone please help me with this?
Thank you
Dennis

Re: something missing

Matthias Seidel
Hi Dennis,

Selecting "View | Ruler" in the menu bar should do it...

Kind regards, Matthias

Am 26.06.2017 um 17:28 schrieb Dennis Sampson:
> I don't know what it is called but there used to be on the left side of the
> document and across the top of the document a scale, measuring tape, or
> what ever it is called that allowed me to set the indentation for
> paragraphs and how high up on the paper I wanted my writing to appear. I
> don't know how to get it back, can someone please help me with this?
> Thank you
> Dennis

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: something missing

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:28:02 -0500
Dennis Sampson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know what it is called but there used to be on the left side of the
> document and across the top of the document a scale, measuring tape, or
> what ever it is called that allowed me to set the indentation for
> paragraphs and how high up on the paper I wanted my writing to appear. I
> don't know how to get it back, can someone please help me with this?
> Thank you
> Dennis

In OpenOffice Writer, access /Tools /Options /OpenOffice Writer /View, and check Ruler, Horizontal Ruler, Vertical Ruler.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>