sort data

Louis Cipriano
when I go to sort a table the sort option in data is grayed out.  how do I work around that?

Be safe,
Lou Cipriano
203 509-8288

Re: sort data

Martin Groenescheij

On 05/02/18 10:44 PM, Louis Cipriano wrote:
> when I go to sort a table the sort option in data is grayed out.  how do I work around that?

If you haven't selected any column or row there is nothing to sort,
quite logical isn't?

> Be safe,
> Lou Cipriano
> 203 509-8288

Re: sort data

Louis Cipriano
Ok I’ve opened the workbook.  selected the sheet.  Hightighted the 2 columns I want to sort (A1:b5) and the sort function is still grayed out.  Its like that for the whole book.

Be safe,
Lou Cipriano
203 509-8288
[hidden email]

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 3:28 AM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 05/02/18 10:44 PM, Louis Cipriano wrote:
>> when I go to sort a table the sort option in data is grayed out.  how do I work around that?
>
> If you haven't selected any column or row there is nothing to sort, quite logical isn't?
>

>> Be safe,
>> Lou Cipriano
>> 203 509-8288
>> [hidden email]

Re: sort data

Alan Pearce
Check that it hasn't opened in "read only" mode.
Alan.

Ok I’ve opened the workbook.  selected the sheet.  Hightighted the 2 columns I want to sort (A1:b5) and the sort function is still grayed out.  Its like that for the whole book.

Be safe,
Lou Cipriano
203 509-8288
[hidden email]

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 3:28 AM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 05/02/18 10:44 PM, Louis Cipriano wrote:
>> when I go to sort a table the sort option in data is grayed out.  how do I work around that?
>
> If you haven't selected any column or row there is nothing to sort, quite logical isn't?
>

>> Be safe,
>> Lou Cipriano
>> 203 509-8288
>> [hidden email]

Re: sort data

Louis Cipriano
I’ve been adding data to it for a long time.

Be safe,
Lou Cipriano
203 509-8288
[hidden email]

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Check that it hasn't opened in "read only" mode.
> Alan.

Re: sort data

Louis Cipriano
So I copied a sheet to a new book and I was able to sort.  there is something weird about the whole book.

Be safe,
Lou Cipriano
203 509-8288
[hidden email]

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Check that it hasn't opened in "read only" mode.
> Alan.

Re: sort data

Louis Cipriano
Is there a way to copy the whole book to a new one?

Be safe,
Lou Cipriano
203 509-8288
[hidden email]

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Check that it hasn't opened in "read only" mode.
> Alan.

Re: sort data

Martin Groenescheij

On 06/02/18 11:24 PM, Louis Cipriano wrote:
> Ok I’ve opened the workbook.  selected the sheet.  Hightighted the 2
> columns I want to sort (A1:b5) and the sort function is still grayed
> out.  Its like that for the whole book.

You mentioned a Table this term is normally used in a Word document.
So my answer was related to Writer not to Calc.
In a spreadsheet the whole document is one big table, so you most likely
want to sort a Range of Cells not the whole sheet.

> Be safe,
> Lou Cipriano
> 203 509-8288
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>

>> On Feb 6, 2018, at 3:28 AM, Martin Groenescheij
>>

>> On 05/02/18 10:44 PM, Louis Cipriano wrote:
>>> when I go to sort a table the sort option in data is grayed out.
>>>  how do I work around that?
>>
>> If you haven't selected any column or row there is nothing to sort,
>> quite logical isn't?
>>

>>> Be safe,
>>> Lou Cipriano
>>> 203 509-8288

>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: sort data

Martin Groenescheij

On 07/02/18 1:01 AM, Louis Cipriano wrote:
> Is there a way to copy the whole book to a new one?

Go to Insert -> Sheet From File and your able to insert multiple sheets