spell checker not working

Rita Rlk
spell checker not working. all the words are underlined in red?
Help.
Rita

Re: spell checker not working

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 12:00:22 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
"Rita Rlk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> spell checker not working. all the words are underlined in red?
> Help.
> Rita

Delete or rename your OpenOffice User Profile; details on how to find this are given in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426#p58401

Without knowledge of your operating system we are unable to give more than general information.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: spell checker not working

Rita Rlk
I have windows 10. OS.

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: spell checker not working

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 23:08:19 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
"Rita Rlk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have windows 10. OS.

In that case
Rename your OO user profile.

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures almost all spellcheck problems.

This may have happened because of over hasty close down of the computer before internal housekeeping was complete.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: spell checker not working

Rita Rlk
Thank you. that solved the problem.
Blessings to you and Merry Christmas.
Rita

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: spell checker not working

Rita Rlk
thank you. It is working fine now.  Blessed Christnmas season to you sir.
Rita

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>