Quantcast

spell checker stopped working.

Ivan Paterson
Spell checker has stopped working on open office writer.
I have downloaded English dictionary uk
Running windows 7 64
I have read the forums but do not understand the instructions at all for
resolving the problem.
Is there not a way to turn on spelling?

Ivan Paterson

Re: spell checker stopped working.

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:57:26 +0000
Ivan Paterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Spell checker has stopped working on open office writer.
> I have downloaded English dictionary uk
> Running windows 7 64
> I have read the forums but do not understand the instructions at all for
> resolving the problem.
> Is there not a way to turn on spelling?
>
> Ivan Paterson

The quick cure for this is to delete (if a new install) or rename (if you have been using OpenOffice for some time and have customisation, such as user dictionaries, the OpenOffice user profile.

Details of the User Profile for various operating systems
are given in

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>