spreadsheet file corrupted, need to recover data

spreadsheet file corrupted, need to recover data

Casey
Hello,

Just the other day, for no reason I can think of, my spreadsheet file
stopped opening.  Upon trying to open it, it is trying to automatically
"import" text using the character set "unicode", rather than "Western
Europe Windows 1252".  When I hover the mouse over the file (before trying
to open it), it shows 61kb size, so it seems like all my data is still on
it, but I cannot figure out how to restore this file so that I don't lose
all the important data on it.  Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

Casey
503-866-7979

Re: spreadsheet file corrupted, need to recover data

zahra a
hi.

if you use windows newer than xp and recover to previous state, just
open properties of your file, then find previous windows in the
security tab and press okay.

if you need to change default encoding, just right click on your file
and find open with, then select openoffice calc.

it asks you about encoding an you can select any encoding that need.

hope that help, God bless you and his infinite mercy be for you.

On 9/14/17, Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just the other day, for no reason I can think of, my spreadsheet file
> stopped opening.  Upon trying to open it, it is trying to automatically
> "import" text using the character set "unicode", rather than "Western
> Europe Windows 1252".  When I hover the mouse over the file (before trying
> to open it), it shows 61kb size, so it seems like all my data is still on
> it, but I cannot figure out how to restore this file so that I don't lose
> all the important data on it.  Can someone help me with this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Casey
> 503-866-7979

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Re: spreadsheet file corrupted, need to recover data

zahra a
i forgot to say, make sure that Save AutoRecovery information every:
be checked in your openoffice tools, options, load-save, general.

www.al-islam.org