templates

K Hollywood
Not writing the template creator as this concerns ALL of the templates.
Wondering if there's a Preview feature you can create-- Idc if it's a simple screen shot that we have to enlarge to get a good look at- anything would be better than having to take the TIME to download 50- (3000 total?) JUST TO SEE them- at present, there is no way of knowing if I even want to use the one I'm looking at- a name is not enough.
Thank you so much

Re: templates

jonathon-3
On 02/27/2018 11:21 AM, K Hollywood wrote:

> Wondering if there's a Preview feature you can create

When searching for templates, a thumbnail is displayed to the left.
When opening the page that the template is described on, a slightly
larger thumbnail is on the right hand side.

How is that inadequate for your requirements?

> anything would be better than having to take the TIME to download
Look at the license that it is distributed under.  Use of non-existent
licenses, such as "Android App Review" correlates with templates that
are either poor quality, or malware distribution points or pure spam.

>50- (3000 total?) JUST TO SEE them- at present,

Currently, https://templates.openoffice.org claims 3437 templates,
whilst https:/extensions.libreoffice.org/templates? claims 356 templates.

For various reasons, I suspect that both counts are wrong.

jonathon