thesaurus

David Morris
I had a previous version of open office when I had the thesaurus on the tool bar (or task bar - I forget which it is) and have tried to get it with no luck. I know you can press ctrl+f7, but having the icon was so much easier.
Hope you can help.
David.
D J Morris

Re: thesaurus

Brian Barker-2
At 17:07 11/08/2019 +0000, David Morris wrote:
>I had a previous version of open office when I had the thesaurus on
>the tool bar (or task bar - I forget which it is) and have tried to
>get it with no luck. I know you can press ctrl+f7, but having the
>icon was so much easier.

o Identify the toolbar that you wish to include this - perhaps the
Standard toolbar?
o With that toolbar open, click the down-arrow on the shaded
rectangle at the right end of that toolbar and select Customise Toolbar... .
o Click Add... .
o Under Category, select Options; under Commands, select Thesaurus.
o Click Add and Close.
o With Thesaurus selected in the Customise dialogue, use the up and
down arrows in the dialogue to move the new button to where you want
it - perhaps near Spelling and Grammar... and AutoSpellCheck?
o Click OK.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

> At 17:07 11/08/2019 +0000, David Morris wrote:
>> I had a previous version of open office when I had the thesaurus on
>> the tool bar (or task bar - I forget which it is) and have tried to
>> get it with no luck. I know you can press ctrl+f7, but having the icon
>> was so much easier.
>
> o Identify the toolbar that you wish to include this - perhaps the
> Standard toolbar?
> o With that toolbar open, click the down-arrow on the shaded rectangle
> at the right end of that toolbar and select Customise Toolbar... .
> o Click Add... .
> o Under Category, select Options; under Commands, select Thesaurus.
> o Click Add and Close.
> o With Thesaurus selected in the Customise dialogue, use the up and down
> arrows in the dialogue to move the new button to where you want it -
> perhaps near Spelling and Grammar... and AutoSpellCheck?
> o Click OK.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

In addition to Brian's excellent answer, when you right mouse click on a
word the context (pop-up) menu that opens will have an entry at the
bottom called "Synonyms" with sub-menu options, the last of which is
"Thesaurus". Selecting this option opens the Thesaurus dialog you are
familiar with.

Hope this helps.

Dave