[tools-dev] Configure script error while trying with tcsh

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[tools-dev] Configure script error while trying with tcsh

Rajith Ravi

 

hi volker,
                        I told that there was an error in my configure script in using the cygwin perl

below is the errors i logged.

While building with 4nt it is the soltools error and with tcsh there is script error.

Then the reason for building the OOo1.1.2 and OOo1.1.4 is that linux versions of this have been build and we need to create a windows version of these sources. I thought that being a stable version building these will be a little more easier when compared to OOo2.0.

But i think that since these have been built earlier it is very tough for you people to recall these errors and their solutions.

Any Way if u can help me i will be grateful to you.




./configure --with-cl-home=/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/VC98 --with-asm-home=/cyg
drive/e/98DDK/bin/win98 --with-jdk-home=/cygdrive/c/j2sdk1.4.0_04 --with-psdk-h
ome=/cygdrive/c/PSDK --with-use-shell=tcsh
********************************************************************
*                                                                  *
*  OpenOffice.org build configuration.                            *
*                                                                  *
*  The configure proces checks your platform to see whether      *
*  you can build OpenOffice.org on it.                            *
*  This proces checks all pre-requisites and generates a file    *
*  containing the necessary environment variables.                *
*  Source this file after configure has ended successfully.      *
*                                                                  *
*  Any warning that is generated during the configure process    *
*  must be taken into account, since it can be a reason for      *
*  an unsuccessfull build of OpenOffice.org                      *
*                                                                  *
********************************************************************
********************************************************************
*                                                                  *
*  Checking the platform pre-requisites.                          *
*                                                                  *
********************************************************************
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking the operating system... checked (WINNT)
checking the GNU make version... checked (make 3.79.1)
checking the Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... checking for mspdb70.dll... no
checking for mspdb60.dll... /usr/bin/mspdb60.dll
found.
checking the Version of Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... found Compiler version 00120
0008804.
checking try to compile exception code... Exceptions type: dwarf2
checking for STLport4 headers... using internal stlport.
checking whether to build with Java support... yes
checking the installed JDK... checked (JDK 1.4.0_04)
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking the Perl version... checked (perl 5)
checking for tcsh... /usr/bin/tcsh
checking for dmake... no
checking which zlib to use... internal
checking PSDK files... PSDK files found
checking for bison... /usr/bin/bison
checking the bison version... checked (/usr/bin/bison 1.875b)
checking for flex... /usr/bin/flex
checking for patch... /usr/bin/patch
checking for bash... /usr/bin/bash
checking for zip... /usr/bin/zip
checking unicows.dll... found
checking dbghelp.dll... found
checking GPC files... GPC files found
checking whether to build mozilla connectivity... yes
checking whether to include Bitstream Vera fonts... yes
checking for jakarta-ant... no
checking for ant... /cygdrive/c/ant/apache-ant-1.6.5/bin/ant
checking if /cygdrive/c/ant/apache-ant-1.6.5/bin/ant works... Ant works
********************************************************************
*                                                                  *
*  Setting up the build environment variables.                    *
*                                                                  *
********************************************************************
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating set_soenv
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin /usr/li
b/perl5/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /us
r/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/v
endor_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) at ./set_soenv line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./set_soenv line 33.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Rajith



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure script error while trying with tcsh

Volker Quetschke
Rajith Ravi wrote:
>  
>
> hi volker,
>                          I told that there was an error in my configure script in using the cygwin perl
>
> below is the errors i logged.

You send this before. And I already told you:

I cannot reproduce your cygwin perl problem. Try this:

$ perl -e 'use strict;print "OK";'

Works for me without problem. Fix your cygwin installation to fix this
problem. Check what "cygcheck -c" reports about your installation.

Let me repeat: ActiveState perl is not supported, if it fails you are on
you own.


>
> While building with 4nt it is the soltools error and with tcsh there is script error.
>
> Then the reason for building the OOo1.1.2 and OOo1.1.4 is that linux versions of this have been build and we need to create a windows version of these sources. I thought that being a stable version building these will be a little more easier when compared to OOo2.0.

And you are wrong with this assumptions. The 1.1.x series might be more stable in your
eyes, but it got a lot less attention since the 680er series was created (At least
from the windows build system point of view.)

> But i think that since these have been built earlier it is very tough for you people to recall these errors and their solutions.

Fix your perl problem.

>
> Any Way if u can help me i will be grateful to you.

See above

    Volker

>
>
>
>
> ./configure --with-cl-home=/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/VC98 --with-asm-home=/cyg
> drive/e/98DDK/bin/win98 --with-jdk-home=/cygdrive/c/j2sdk1.4.0_04 --with-psdk-h
> ome=/cygdrive/c/PSDK --with-use-shell=tcsh
> ********************************************************************
> *                                                                  *
> *   OpenOffice.org build configuration.                            *
> *                                                                  *
> *   The configure proces checks your platform to see whether       *
> *   you can build OpenOffice.org on it.                            *
> *   This proces checks all pre-requisites and generates a file     *
> *   containing the necessary environment variables.                *
> *   Source this file after configure has ended successfully.       *
> *                                                                  *
> *   Any warning that is generated during the configure process     *
> *   must be taken into account, since it can be a reason for       *
> *   an unsuccessfull build of OpenOffice.org                       *
> *                                                                  *
> ********************************************************************
> ********************************************************************
> *                                                                  *
> *   Checking the platform pre-requisites.                          *
> *                                                                  *
> ********************************************************************
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
> checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
> checking the operating system... checked (WINNT)
> checking the GNU make version... checked (make 3.79.1)
> checking the Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... checking for mspdb70.dll... no
> checking for mspdb60.dll... /usr/bin/mspdb60.dll
> found.
> checking the Version of Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... found Compiler version 00120
> 0008804.
> checking try to compile exception code... Exceptions type: dwarf2
> checking for STLport4 headers... using internal stlport.
> checking whether to build with Java support... yes
> checking the installed JDK... checked (JDK 1.4.0_04)
> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
> checking the Perl version... checked (perl 5)
> checking for tcsh... /usr/bin/tcsh
> checking for dmake... no
> checking which zlib to use... internal
> checking PSDK files... PSDK files found
> checking for bison... /usr/bin/bison
> checking the bison version... checked (/usr/bin/bison 1.875b)
> checking for flex... /usr/bin/flex
> checking for patch... /usr/bin/patch
> checking for bash... /usr/bin/bash
> checking for zip... /usr/bin/zip
> checking unicows.dll... found
> checking dbghelp.dll... found
> checking GPC files... GPC files found
> checking whether to build mozilla connectivity... yes
> checking whether to include Bitstream Vera fonts... yes
> checking for jakarta-ant... no
> checking for ant... /cygdrive/c/ant/apache-ant-1.6.5/bin/ant
> checking if /cygdrive/c/ant/apache-ant-1.6.5/bin/ant works... Ant works
> ********************************************************************
> *                                                                  *
> *   Setting up the build environment variables.                    *
> *                                                                  *
> ********************************************************************
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating set_soenv
> Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin /usr/li
> b/perl5/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /us
> r/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/v
> endor_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) at ./set_soenv line 33.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./set_soenv line 33.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith

--
If you like my work consider:  http://www.scytek.de/donations.html
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D