transfers

Don Greenwell
I got a new computer, but my open office has many treasured documents,
how do I transfer the open office on my current computer desk top to my
new computer desktop???
Sincerely, Don Greenwell, PT

Re: transfers

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 03:55:50 +0000
Don Greenwell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got a new computer, but my open office has many treasured documents,
> how do I transfer the open office on my current computer desk top to my
> new computer desktop???
> Sincerely, Don Greenwell, PT

On the new computer download and make a fresh install of OpenOffice; move existing data files from one computer to the other using a USB key (or network) being careful to observe USB removal protocols.  If in doubt seek informed local help/supervision.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: transfers

James Knott
On 09/07/2017 03:02 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 03:55:50 +0000
> Don Greenwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I got a new computer, but my open office has many treasured documents,
>> how do I transfer the open office on my current computer desk top to my
>> new computer desktop???
>> Sincerely, Don Greenwell, PT
>>
> On the new computer download and make a fresh install of OpenOffice; move existing data files from one computer to the other using a USB key (or network) being careful to observe USB removal protocols.  If in doubt seek informed local help/supervision.

Actually, the normal process is to copy everything from your home
directory to the new system.  This should copy over all your data,
settings etc., for all apps.  The details will vary with the operating
system you're using.  Applications, such as OO, should be installed
fresh though.