translated files

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

translated files

Peter Kovacs-3
I have translated comments in the files

main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css

main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx

Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set something for me first before I can commit?

(Will be friday till I have time again :S)

All the best
Peter

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Mathias Röllig
Hello!

I use Peter's question to ask in the same direction:

How is the way to help with translation of comments?
Where to get and put the files?

Regards
Mathias


Am 20.09.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> I have translated comments in the files
>
> main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css
>
> main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
> main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
>
> Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set something
> for me first before I can commit?
>
> (Will be friday till I have time again :S)
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Damjan Jovanovic
Requests for translation are posted to the bug:
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=39199

German speaking devs take the file and conduct the translation.

Damjan

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Mathias Röllig <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I use Peter's question to ask in the same direction:
>
> How is the way to help with translation of comments?
> Where to get and put the files?
>
> Regards
> Mathias
>
>
>
> Am 20.09.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>
>> I have translated comments in the files
>>
>> main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css
>>
>> main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
>> main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
>>
>> Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set something
>> for me first before I can commit?
>>
>> (Will be friday till I have time again :S)
>>
>> All the best
>> Peter
>>
>>
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Damjan Jovanovic
In reply to this post by Peter Kovacs-3
If you are a committer, feel free to commit them. Comment translation
mistakes are not serious and can always be fixed later.

If not, attach the patches to the bug report. And I think we should vote
you in.

Damjan

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have translated comments in the files
>
> main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css
>
> main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
> main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
>
> Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set something
> for me first before I can commit?
>
> (Will be friday till I have time again :S)
>
> All the best
> Peter
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Mathias Röllig
In reply to this post by Damjan Jovanovic
Am 21.09.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> Requests for translation are posted to the bug:
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=39199

Yes, I can look at the files via Opengrok. Is tht the way?

> German speaking devs take the file and conduct the translation.

This answer helps me to help to translate – very well! <Sarcasm!>

M.

> Damjan
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Mathias Röllig <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I use Peter's question to ask in the same direction:
>>
>> How is the way to help with translation of comments?
>> Where to get and put the files?
>>
>> Regards
>> Mathias
>>
>>
>>
>> Am 20.09.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>
>>> I have translated comments in the files
>>>
>>> main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css
>>>
>>> main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
>>> main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
>>>
>>> Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set something
>>> for me first before I can commit?
>>>
>>> (Will be friday till I have time again :S)
>>>
>>> All the best
>>> Peter
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Damjan Jovanovic
On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Mathias Röllig <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Am 21.09.2017 um 10:38 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
>
>> Requests for translation are posted to the bug:
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=39199
>>
>
> Yes, I can look at the files via Opengrok. Is tht the way?
>

Ideally, you want to edit the latest version of a file and either commit it
if you are a committer, or generate a patch for other committers to commit.
Opengrok's file might be out of date, and can't diffed to generate a patch
as easily (well you can keep the original copy and run "diff -u original
new > patch" yourself, but it's more work). SVN is probably better.


>
> German speaking devs take the file and conduct the translation.
>>
>
> This answer helps me to help to translate – very well! <Sarcasm!>
>
> :-D


> M.
>
>
> Damjan
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Mathias Röllig <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I use Peter's question to ask in the same direction:
>>>
>>> How is the way to help with translation of comments?
>>> Where to get and put the files?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Mathias
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 20.09.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>>
>>> I have translated comments in the files
>>>>
>>>> main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css
>>>>
>>>> main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
>>>> main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
>>>>
>>>> Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set something
>>>> for me first before I can commit?
>>>>
>>>> (Will be friday till I have time again :S)
>>>>
>>>> All the best
>>>> Peter
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Matthias Seidel
In reply to this post by Mathias Röllig
Hi Mathias,

On which platform are you planing to translate the files?

Subversion would be the best way:
https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html

If you have rights to commit you can do it directly (I think Peter can).

Regards, Matthias


Am 21.09.2017 um 09:36 schrieb Mathias Röllig:

> Hello!
>
> I use Peter's question to ask in the same direction:
>
> How is the way to help with translation of comments?
> Where to get and put the files?
>
> Regards
> Mathias
>
>
> Am 20.09.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I have translated comments in the files
>>
>> main/sfx2/source/doc/objxtor.css
>>
>> main/sc/inc/dociter.hxx
>> main/sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
>>
>> Can I commit those changes to SVN or does someone need to set
>> something for me first before I can commit?
>>
>> (Will be friday till I have time again :S)
>>
>> All the best
>> Peter
>>
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Mathias Röllig
Hello Matthias!

Am 21.09.2017 um 19:01 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> On which platform are you planing to translate the files?

Linux/Ubuntu.

> Subversion would be the best way:
> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html

Subversion installed, actual source checked out: Rev. 1809211


> If you have rights to commit you can do it directly (I think Peter can).

Don't know. Now I can edit the files locally. Next step?

Thank you and regards
Mathias

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: translated files

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mathias,

Am 21.09.2017 um 22:24 schrieb Mathias Röllig:
> Subversion would be the best way:
>> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html
>
> Subversion installed, actual source checked out: Rev. 1809211

Be sure to update frequently with "svn update aoo".

> If you have rights to commit you can do it directly (I think Peter can).
>
> Don't know. Now I can edit the files locally. Next step?

See:
https://openoffice.apache.org/contributing-code.html

Maybe you are interested in becoming a "committer" in the long term?

Until then, you can edit the files locally, then create a "patch file"
(see "svn help diff") and attach it to the specific issue.
(https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=39199)

However, it will be useful if you announce the file you are working on
to avoid different people working on the same file...
(see https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=39199#c7)

Regards, Matthias

>
> Thank you and regards
> Mathias
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment