trying to acquire Open Office.

Sherry Sylvain
You web site and download guidelines are so "technical" and convoluted, I can't figure out what you're offering or who I get it.  For example, in download options, - this -

Download Apache OpenOffice

(Hosted by Sourceforge.net - A trusted website)

Select your favorite operating system, language and version:

Windows (EXE)

Linux 64-bit (x86-64) (DEB)

Linux 64-bit (x86-64) (RPM)

Linux 32-bit (x86) (DEB)

Linux 32-bit (x86) (RPM)

OS X (version >= 10.7) (DMG)

OS X (version <= 10.6) (DMG)

More platforms / operating systems

Asturian

Basque

Bulgarian

Catalan

Catalan [Valencia AVL]

Catalan [Valencia RACV]

Chinese [simplified]

Chinese [traditional]

Czech

Danish

Dutch

English [British]

English [US]

Finnish

French

Galician

German

Greek

Hebrew

Hindi

Hungarian

Italian

Japanese

Khmer

Korean

Lithuanian

Norwegian [Bokmal]

Polish

Portuguese [Brazilian]

Portuguese [European]

Russian

Scottish [Gaelic]

Serbian [Cyrillic]

Slovak

Slovenian

Spanish

Swedish

Tamil

Thai

Turkish

Vietnamese

4.1.3

4.1.2

4.1.1

4.1.0

4.0.1

4.0.0

3.4.1

Older releases
Download full installation<https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.3/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/download>
Download language pack<https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.3/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exe/download>

means absolutely noting to your average girl.  What the hell is Windows (EXE) and how does it relate to my OS of Windows 7 Pro?  Asturnian is perhaps a small European country of which I was previously unaware?  Perhaps near Austria?  and 4.1.3 means exactly what??

I bet if you tried just a little harder to you could make completely incomprehensible for ANYONE.

Thanks.

Re: trying to acquire Open Office.

jonathon-3

On 04/07/2017 01:00 AM, Sherry Sylvain wrote:
> You web site and download guidelines are so "technical" and convoluted, I can't figure out what you're offering or who I get it.

As the first line says: "Select your operating system, language, and
version".

How can that be further simplified, without eliminating the options that
are offered?

The simple thing is to only offer Version 4.1.3 Linux (x86-64) (DEB)
with Basque UI version, on the basis that Linux (x86-64) (DEB) is the
most stable operating system out there, Basque, being the only language
that has been continually used for more than ten thousand years, is
obviously the dominant language, used by more people, than its
competitors, the oldest of which is only 5.000 years old, and Version
4.1.3 because everybody obviously wants the latest, and greatest version
of the program, even if it won't run on their system.

jonathon

Re: trying to acquire Open Office.

Marcus (OOo)
Am 07.04.2017 um 17:10 schrieb toki:

> On 04/07/2017 01:00 AM, Sherry Sylvain wrote:
>> You web site and download guidelines are so "technical" and convoluted, I can't figure out what you're offering or who I get it.
>
> As the first line says: "Select your operating system, language, and
> version".
>
> How can that be further simplified, without eliminating the options that
> are offered?
>
> The simple thing is to only offer Version 4.1.3 Linux (x86-64) (DEB)
> with Basque UI version, on the basis that Linux (x86-64) (DEB) is the
> most stable operating system out there, Basque, being the only language
> that has been continually used for more than ten thousand years, is
> obviously the dominant language, used by more people, than its
> competitors, the oldest of which is only 5.000 years old, and Version
> 4.1.3 because everybody obviously wants the latest, and greatest version
> of the program, even if it won't run on their system.

I've have no real idea what is not clear enough you can expect when you
choose another option or click on each button.

A little thought. For me it seems she is no native speaker. So, maybe
she is looking for a suitable version in her language but has found only
the download webpage in English.

I don't know, just a thought.

Otherwise you are right. It's not possible to make it more simpler
without to lose valuable data for your choice.

Marcus

Re: trying to acquire Open Office.

Dave-5