typo

12

typo

LJ Pilipenko
You have a typo on webpage:

https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html

In the following sentence 'you' should be 'your'.

To help bring the benefits ofOpenOffice to you country or region

-------Your welcome,Mrs P.

Re: typo

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Thanks for finding that. Fixed now!

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 09.12.20 um 18:00 schrieb LJ Pilipenko:

> You have a typo on webpage:
>

> https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html
>

> In the following sentence 'you' should be 'your'.
>

> To help bring the benefits ofOpenOffice to you country or region
>

> -------Your welcome,Mrs P.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: typo

Czesław Wolański
Hi Matthias,

The same section -  "Why get involved with the OpenOffice project?"

https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html#why-get-involved-with-the-openoffice-project

1st paragraph: "There are many motivations for why volunteers (...)"
is superfluous because it is already where it should be i.e. in the 2nd
paragraph (the 2nd & 3rd sentence).

I could have sworn I reported that ages ago. ;‑)

Regards,
Czesław Wolański

Am Mi., 9. Dez. 2020 um 23:57 Uhr schrieb Matthias Seidel <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for finding that. Fixed now!
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 09.12.20 um 18:00 schrieb LJ Pilipenko:
> > You have a typo on webpage:
> >

> > https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html
> >

> > In the following sentence 'you' should be 'your'.
> >

> > To help bring the benefits ofOpenOffice to you country or region
> >

> > -------Your welcome,Mrs P.

Re: typo

Matthias Seidel
Hi Czesław,

Am 10.12.20 um 06:09 schrieb Czesław Wolański:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> The same section -  "Why get involved with the OpenOffice project?"
>
> https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html#why-get-involved-with-the-openoffice-project
>
> 1st paragraph: "There are many motivations for why volunteers (...)"
> is superfluous because it is already where it should be i.e. in the 2nd
> paragraph (the 2nd & 3rd sentence).
>
> I could have sworn I reported that ages ago. ;‑)
Meanwhile the page is on GitHub and you can easily create a Pull
Request! ;-)

https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Czesław Wolański
>
> Am Mi., 9. Dez. 2020 um 23:57 Uhr schrieb Matthias Seidel <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for finding that. Fixed now!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> Am 09.12.20 um 18:00 schrieb LJ Pilipenko:
>>> You have a typo on webpage:
>>>

>>> https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html
>>>

>>> In the following sentence 'you' should be 'your'.
>>>

>>> To help bring the benefits ofOpenOffice to you country or region
>>>

>>> -------Your welcome,Mrs P.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: typo

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Matthias and Czeslaw

> On 12/10/2020 9:05 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I could have sworn I reported that ages ago. ;‑)
>
> Meanwhile the page is on GitHub and you can easily create a Pull
> Request! ;-)
>
> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project

Fixed. Thank you for teaching others how to fish ;)

I did a quick edit which is already reflected on the website

I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)

Regards,
Pedro

Re: typo

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 10.12.20 um 10:28 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias and Czeslaw
>
>> On 12/10/2020 9:05 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I could have sworn I reported that ages ago. ;‑)
>> Meanwhile the page is on GitHub and you can easily create a Pull
>> Request! ;-)
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project
> Fixed. Thank you for teaching others how to fish ;)
>
> I did a quick edit which is already reflected on the website
>
> I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)
Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)

BTW: The project page is self publishing, openoffice.org needs a manual
step for publishing.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: typo

Czesław Wolański
Hi Pedro and Matthias,

Thanks for fixing and advice.

> I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)
>

>> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)

And I still haven't figured out the "Request" part. ;‑)

Regards,
Czesław

Am Do., 10. Dez. 2020 um 10:41 Uhr schrieb Matthias Seidel <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> Am 10.12.20 um 10:28 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> > Hi Matthias and Czeslaw

> >> Meanwhile the page is on GitHub and you can easily create a Pull
> >> Request! ;-)
> >>
> >> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project
> > Fixed. Thank you for teaching others how to fish ;)
> >
> > I did a quick edit which is already reflected on the website
> >
> > I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)
>
> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)
>
> BTW: The project page is self publishing, openoffice.org needs a manual
> step for publishing.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>

> > Regards,
> > Pedro

Re: typo

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 10.12.20 um 11:24 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> Hi Pedro and Matthias,
>
> Thanks for fixing and advice.
>
>> I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)
>>
>>> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)
> And I still haven't figured out the "Request" part. ;‑)

Because you request someone to pull your changes?

But better ask Linus... ;-)

Matthias

> Regards,
> Czesław
>
> Am Do., 10. Dez. 2020 um 10:41 Uhr schrieb Matthias Seidel <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> Am 10.12.20 um 10:28 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>> Hi Matthias and Czeslaw

>>> Fixed. Thank you for teaching others how to fish ;)
>>>
>>> I did a quick edit which is already reflected on the website
>>>
>>> I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)
>> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)
>>
>> BTW: The project page is self publishing, openoffice.org needs a manual
>> step for publishing.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: typo

Czesław Wolański
Hi Matthias,

> Because you request someone to pull your changes?
>
> But better ask Linus... ;-)

Indeed XOR More or less.  ;-)

Regards,
Czesław

Am Do., 10. Dez. 2020 um 11:28 Uhr schrieb Matthias Seidel <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Am 10.12.20 um 11:24 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> > Hi Pedro and Matthias,
> >
> > Thanks for fixing and advice.
> >
> >> I still haven't figured out the Pull Request part :)

> ;-)
> > And I still haven't figured out the "Request" part. ;‑)
>
> Because you request someone to pull your changes?
>
> But better ask Linus... ;-)
>
> Matthias
>

> > Regards,
> > Czesław
> >
> > Am Do., 10. Dez. 2020 um 10:41 Uhr schrieb Matthias Seidel <
> > [hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Hi Pedro,

> >> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)
> >>
> >> BTW: The project page is self publishing, openoffice.org needs a manual
> >> step for publishing.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >>    Matthias

Re: typo

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Matthias

> On 12/10/2020 9:40 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)

Excellent :)

> BTW: The project page is self publishing, openoffice.org needs a manual
> step for publishing.

Can I do that myself as well or is it preferable that a second person does that?
Is there a How-to somewhere?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: typo

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 10.12.20 um 11:42 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias
>
>> On 12/10/2020 9:40 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks! Since you have write access you can skip the Pull Request... ;-)
> Excellent :)
>
>> BTW: The project page is self publishing, openoffice.org needs a manual
>> step for publishing.
> Can I do that myself as well or is it preferable that a second person does that?
> Is there a How-to somewhere?
Since you are committer, you can do it yourself, see:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org/blob/main/README.md

But it is a question of timing, so you should be subscribed to

[hidden email]

to see the status messages.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: typo

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Matthias

> On 12/10/2020 10:52 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since you are committer, you can do it yourself, see:
>
> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org/blob/main/README.md

Thanks!
In this case it is not needed because the link in OpenOffice.org is pointing directly to
https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html

> But it is a question of timing, so you should be subscribed to
> [hidden email]
> to see the status messages.

What is this for?
Can't I simply press Build Now in https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/OpenOffice/job/OpenOffice-org-Publish-Site/?

For instance: wouldn't it make sense to remove the banner for the now passed ApacheCon in the footer?

Regards
Pedro

Re: typo

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 10.12.20 um 12:09 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias
>
>> On 12/10/2020 10:52 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Since you are committer, you can do it yourself, see:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org/blob/main/README.md
> Thanks!
> In this case it is not needed because the link in OpenOffice.org is pointing directly to
> https://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html
>
>> But it is a question of timing, so you should be subscribed to
>> [hidden email]
>> to see the status messages.
> What is this for?
> Can't I simply press Build Now in https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/OpenOffice/job/OpenOffice-org-Publish-Site/?
No, the page first must be built. See the readme.

> For instance: wouldn't it make sense to remove the banner for the now passed ApacheCon in the footer?

No, this is an external link, The graphic is controlled be ASF. It will
change when the next event is planned.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Outdated banner on homepage

Pedro Lino-4
Hi all

Is it possible to remove the outdated banner to ApacheCon on the openoffice.org footer?

I can simply comment the HTML code if this is not a problem.

Otherwise if there is a more bureaucratic path please let me know which steps to take.

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Outdated banner on homepage

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 13.12.20 um 13:09 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to remove the outdated banner to ApacheCon on the openoffice.org footer?
>
> I can simply comment the HTML code if this is not a problem.

As I already wrote you, these banners are controlled by the ASF. You can
see them on every ASF project page.

Please do not touch the code!

Regards,

   Matthias

> Otherwise if there is a more bureaucratic path please let me know which steps to take.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Outdated banner on homepage

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Matthias, all

> On 12/13/2020 12:14 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As I already wrote you, these banners are controlled by the ASF. You can
> see them on every ASF project page.
>
> Please do not touch the code!

I already read your opinion in the previous email. Is this a written rule? If so there should be a warning in the footer code.

Still it does not make sense to leave an outdated banner. The banner can be hidden by simply commenting the code.

If I am not allowed to change it, I'm officially requesting someone to do it.

Am 13.12.20 um 13:26 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias, all
>
>> On 12/13/2020 12:14 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> As I already wrote you, these banners are controlled by the ASF. You can
>> see them on every ASF project page.
>>
>> Please do not touch the code!
> I already read your opinion in the previous email. Is this a written rule? If so there should be a warning in the footer code.
This is not my opinion, it is a requirement.

> Still it does not make sense to leave an outdated banner. The banner can be hidden by simply commenting the code.
>
> If I am not allowed to change it, I'm officially requesting someone to do it.

Then speak to the appropiate persons at Apache... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Outdated banner on homepage

Dave Fisher-3

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 13, 2020, at 4:26 AM, Pedro Lino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Matthias, all
>
>>> On 12/13/2020 12:14 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> As I already wrote you, these banners are controlled by the ASF. You can
>> see them on every ASF project page.
>>
>> Please do not touch the code!
>
> I already read your opinion in the previous email. Is this a written rule? If so there should be a warning in the footer code.
>
> Still it does not make sense to leave an outdated banner. The banner can be hidden by simply commenting the code.
>
> If I am not allowed to change it, I'm officially requesting someone to do it.

The event banner is something the ASF wants on all websites.

I agree it is outdated. This graphic is controlled by the Apachecon committee and Community Dev.

A note to [hidden email] should be sent requesting an update.

Regards,
Dave

> Regards,
> Pedro

Re: Outdated banner on homepage

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Dave, all

> On 12/13/2020 12:32 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The event banner is something the ASF wants on all websites.

Agreed. But if there is no event to be announced there is no need to keep the banner until there is a new one, right?

> I agree it is outdated. This graphic is controlled by the Apachecon committee and Community Dev.
> A note to [hidden email] should be sent requesting an update.

I will do that. Thank you for the address

I still think there should be a comment in the footer HTML, something like

<!--- This file is only to be edited by the Apachecon Committee and Community Dev. Changes/Updates must be requested to [hidden email] --->

Is it acceptable that I send this suggestion in the same email?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Outdated banner on homepage

Dave Fisher-3
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 13, 2020, at 7:37 AM, Pedro Lino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave, all
>
>>> On 12/13/2020 12:32 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The event banner is something the ASF wants on all websites.
>
> Agreed. But if there is no event to be announced there is no need to keep the banner until there is a new one, right?

This pandemic year has been unusual. If we comment it out then we have to know when to uncomment.

>> I agree it is outdated. This graphic is controlled by the Apachecon committee and Community Dev.
>> A note to [hidden email] should be sent requesting an update.
>
> I will do that. Thank you for the address
>
> I still think there should be a comment in the footer HTML, something like
>
> <!--- This file is only to be edited by the Apachecon Committee and Community Dev. Changes/Updates must be requested to [hidden email] --->

Let’s wait until you get an answer from your email.

The graphic is changed for each event as planned, and we would normally do nothing.

> Is it acceptable that I send this suggestion in the same email?

Just state your issue and see the response. I’ll be paying attention and will ping.

You might find this page interesting: https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/events

Regards,
Dave

> Regards,