uninstalling openoffice org 2

Daniel Da Cunha Blaker
i want to uninstall openoffice.org 2 from my computer. I have uninstalled it on the add/remove programs, but there is still a folder on my desktop (which I think automatically appeared there) - is not a shortcut. It has a couple of 'install' folders in it, but I cant find a way to uninstall it. If I delete or send to recycle bin, the openoffice.org is still being used for what used to be 'word' documents.
  Thanks
  Daniel da Cunha Blaker

Re: uninstalling openoffice org 2

Paul
You can safely delete the folder if the program has been uninstalled.
Have a look at : http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/ar01s04.html
regarding how to reset your file associations (so that .doc files open
in word).

/paul