upgraded automatically to 4.1.3 and now all words misspelled

upgraded automatically to 4.1.3 and now all words misspelled

GAIL GREENSPAN
I wasn’t asked.  I was just upgraded to 4.1.3 today.  Now all words in writer and calc are marked as misspelled.  How do I stop this?

Re: upgraded automatically to 4.1.3 and now all words misspelled

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 00:38:40 +0000
GAIL GREENSPAN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wasn’t asked.  I was just upgraded to 4.1.3 today.  Now all words in writer and calc are marked as misspelled.  How do I stop this?

With respect, a download from the official OpenOffice site at [url]www.openoffice.org/downloads[url] as automatically redirected does not, repeat NOT, have any provision for automatic or silent upgrade.

If you are of opinion that your OO has silently upgraded, I strongly advise removing that version and replacing it woth a download only from the above site.

To fix spellcheck:
Rename your OO user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

That cures most spellcheck problems

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: upgraded automatically to 4.1.3 and now all words misspelled

GAIL GREENSPAN
Thank you - that worked!