upgrading oo.org on windows

Bugzilla from rich@hq.vsaa.lv
our windows support person has told me that it is not possible to easily
upgrade oo.org, keeping all configuration, user data and so on - without
uninstalling oo.org.

with linux systems that use rpm, this is handled very easily, with
others it can be achieved by scripting.

could somebody provide pointers how to perform automated update of
oo.org (for example, from 2.0.0 to 2.0.3) using provided msi packages ?
--
  Rich

RE: upgrading oo.org on windows

Yeatts, Garnett W. CONTR J9C329
Rich,

        What kind of configuration info are you talking about?

        The OOo uninstall does NOT remove the OOo user directory - which
on Windows is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application
Data\OpenOffice.org2\.  The uninstall also does NOT remove all the
directories under C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\ either.

        Suggest you run a test upgrade and check for your configuration.
You may be OK - depending on where the files you want to keep are.

        Good luck.

Garnett