very bad

kontakt@steffenalbus.de

The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!

If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
position!!!!

Fuck off!!! -.-

Re: very bad

Sam Blankenship
Great! I am sure you can get a refund for the price you bought it for.

Samuel Blankenship
Technology Coordinator
(907) 543 2358
City of Bethel
PO Box 1388
Bethel Alaska 99559

On 6 January 2011 06:43, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>wrote:

> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
> position!!!!
>
> Fuck off!!! -.-

Re: very bad

Paul Cohen
On 1/7/2011 5:27 PM, Sam Blankenship wrote:

> Great! I am sure you can get a refund for the price you bought it for.
>
> Samuel Blankenship
> Technology Coordinator
> (907) 543 2358
> City of Bethel
> PO Box 1388
> Bethel Alaska 99559
>

> On 6 January 2011 06:43, [hidden email]<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>>
>> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
>> position!!!!
>>
>> Fuck off!!! -.-
If you right-click on an image you will find a sub-menu to specify
properties of the anchor.  If you anchor to the page, the image should
stay fixed on the page whereas if the anchor is fixed to a character or
a paragraph it will move with that character or paragraph.  This is much
the same as the behavior of image anchors in MS Word.

*Paul Cohen*

Re: very bad

Johnny Rosenberg
Den 2011-01-07 23:27:45 skrev Sam Blankenship
<[hidden email]>:

> Great! I am sure you can get a refund for the price you bought it for.
>
> Samuel Blankenship
> Technology Coordinator
> (907) 543 2358
> City of Bethel
> PO Box 1388
> Bethel Alaska 99559
>

> On 6 January 2011 06:43, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>>
>> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
>> position!!!!
>>
>> Fuck off!!! -.-

Maybe that's a good idea, but I am not sure what all this has anything to
do with us on this list.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: very bad

Johnny Rosenberg
Den 2011-01-07 23:36:56 skrev Paul Cohen <[hidden email]>:

> On 1/7/2011 5:27 PM, Sam Blankenship wrote:
>> Great! I am sure you can get a refund for the price you bought it for.
>>
>> Samuel Blankenship
>> Technology Coordinator
>> (907) 543 2358
>> City of Bethel
>> PO Box 1388
>> Bethel Alaska 99559
>>

>> On 6 January 2011 06:43,
>> [hidden email]<[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change
>>> his
>>> position!!!!
>>>
>>> Fuck off!!! -.-
> If you right-click on an image you will find a sub-menu to specify
> properties of the anchor.  If you anchor to the page, the image should
> stay fixed on the page whereas if the anchor is fixed to a character or
> a paragraph it will move with that character or paragraph.  This is much
> the same as the behavior of image anchors in MS Word.

I don't think that explanation will do at all. You have to use more simple
words, such as those at the last line of the original message, and you
also need to use many more of those exclamation marks.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: very bad

Robert Derman-2
Sam Blankenship wrote:

> Great! I am sure you can get a refund for the price you bought it for.
>
> Samuel Blankenship
> Technology Coordinator
> (907) 543 2358
> City of Bethel
> PO Box 1388
> Bethel Alaska 99559
>

> On 6 January 2011 06:43, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>>
>> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
>> position!!!!
>>
>> Fuck off!!! -.-

I think this is an example of why the mail list needs to be changed so
that you CAN NOT post to it unless you are registered!

Re: very bad

Barbara Duprey
On 1/7/2011 5:44 PM, Robert Derman wrote:

> Sam Blankenship wrote:
>> Great! I am sure you can get a refund for the price you bought it for.
>>
>> Samuel Blankenship
>> Technology Coordinator
>> (907) 543 2358
>> City of Bethel
>> PO Box 1388
>> Bethel Alaska 99559
>>

>> On 6 January 2011 06:43, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
>>> position!!!!
>>>
>>> Fuck off!!! -.-
> I think this is an example of why the mail list needs to be changed so that you CAN NOT post to it
> unless you are registered!

That wouldn't have stopped this language -- subscribers can swear, too! Only a list with  every
message moderated by a human who is allowed to modify messages (and given appropriate guidance as to
restrictions) can address that kind of issue.

Re: very bad

Barbara Duprey
On 1/6/2011 9:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
> position!!!!

If you insert an image, there are various anchoring and wrapping options that modify how it is
placed with regard to the text. This is standard behavior for all word processors, although the
default options for different ones may vary. Right click on the inserted image to select the option
that best suits you. The Picture option leads to a very comprehensive set of capabilities.

Please do not swear at us. We are volunteers who try to help users like ourselves -- and clearly we
do this because we have found OpenOffice.org very useful for ourselves and others.

RE: very bad

Mayank-6
Barbara - This is constructive advise from which we learn with an open mind ready to receive & use rather than dismissing.

Thanks & Kind Regards
Mayank Singh
Harbans Singh Associates

On 1/6/2011 9:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
> position!!!!

If you insert an image, there are various anchoring and wrapping options that modify how it is
placed with regard to the text. This is standard behavior for all word processors, although the
default options for different ones may vary. Right click on the inserted image to select the option
that best suits you. The Picture option leads to a very comprehensive set of capabilities.

Please do not swear at us. We are volunteers who try to help users like ourselves -- and clearly we
do this because we have found OpenOffice.org very useful for ourselves and others.

Re: very bad

mike scott-2
On 08/01/2011 03:36, Barbara Duprey wrote:
> That wouldn't have stopped this language -- subscribers can swear, too!
> Only a list with every message moderated by a human who is allowed to
> modify messages (and given appropriate guidance as to restrictions) can
> address that kind of issue.

True - but a subscriber could be kicked off for abusing a
subscribers-only list, and not allowed on again. (I doubt whether this
particular calibre of, ah, gentleman would be likely to have multiple
email addresses.) Besides, I suspect the mere fact of having troubled to
subscribe would encourage people to behave more responsibly.

But I've made my views known before!

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

Re: very bad

David B Teague-3
On 1/7/2011 10:36 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:

>> I think this is an example of why the mail list needs to
>> be changed so that you CAN NOT post to it unless you are
>> registered!
>
> That wouldn't have stopped this language -- subscribers
> can swear, too! Only a list with  every message moderated
> by a human who is allowed to modify messages (and given
> appropriate guidance as to restrictions) can address that
> kind of issue.
Note that these incidents are infrequent. I believe the
advantage to OO.o of allowing unregistered persons to post
outweighs the few abusive posts we receive.

I wish there were a more obvious mechanism to let us know a
post is by an unregistered person so we can respond both to
the list and to the individual.

With Warmest Regards
--David Teague

Re: very bad

Barbara Duprey
On 1/8/2011 8:23 AM, David B Teague wrote:

> On 1/7/2011 10:36 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
>>>>>
>>> I think this is an example of why the mail list needs to be changed so that you CAN NOT post to
>>> it unless you are registered!
>>
>> That wouldn't have stopped this language -- subscribers can swear, too! Only a list with  every
>> message moderated by a human who is allowed to modify messages (and given appropriate guidance as
>> to restrictions) can address that kind of issue.
> Note that these incidents are infrequent. I believe the advantage to OO.o of allowing unregistered
> persons to post outweighs the few abusive posts we receive.
>
> I wish there were a more obvious mechanism to let us know a post is by an unregistered person so
> we can respond both to the list and to the individual.
>
> With Warmest Regards
> --David Teague

One possibility is for somebody (a moderator or a member of a group who respond to messages from
unsubscribed users, either officially or unofficially) to inform the person of how to follow the
discussion using Nabble or Gmane. Then no cc'ing would be required. It will also be interesting to
see how this works out on LibreOffice, both in the near term (mlmmj-based) and possible Drupal-based
implementations. There only the moderator currently knows the poster is not subscribed, there is no

Re: very bad

RA Brown
On Sat Jan 08 2011 07:25:23 GMT-0800 (PST)  Barbara Duprey wrote:

> One possibility is for somebody (a moderator or a member of a group who
> respond to messages from unsubscribed users, either officially or
> unofficially) to inform the person of how to follow the discussion using
> Nabble or Gmane. Then no cc'ing would be required. It will also be
> interesting to see how this works out on LibreOffice, both in the near
> term (mlmmj-based) and possible Drupal-based implementations. There only
> the moderator currently knows the poster is not subscribed, there is no

Yes, and the lack there of is a concern for some of us trying to help.

Re: Re: [discuss] very bad

Ramon Sole

David B Teague wrote:

> 10:36 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
>>>>>
>>> I think this is an example of why the mail list needs to be changed
>>> so that you CAN NOT post to it unless you are registered!
>>
>> That wouldn't have stopped this language -- subscribers can swear,
>> too! Only a list with  every message moderated by a human who is
>> allowed to modify messages (and given appropriate guidance as to
>> restrictions) can address that kind of issue.
> Note that these incidents are infrequent. I believe the advantage to
> OO.o of allowing unregistered persons to post outweighs the few abusive
> posts we receive.
>
> I wish there were a more obvious mechanism to let us know a post is by
> an unregistered person so we can respond both to the list and to the
> individual.
>
> With Warmest Regards
> --David Teague

Hi *

I think just ignore that kind of messages is enough. Rude messages, no
answers. Furthermore, they are indeed infrequent.

Best Regards,

Ramon

Re: very bad

franco
I AM NOT THE LORD THAT WROTE THAT OPEN OFFICE is VERY BAD, I HAVE INDICATED
THAT THERE IS A MISTAKE IN THE GUIDE,
Where it says HOW DO THE TRANSACTION PERCENTAGE.

IO NON SONO IL SIGNORE CHE HA SCRITTO CHE OPEN OFFICE è MOLTO CATTIVO,IO HO
SEGNALATO CHE NELLA GUIDA ESISTE UNO SBAGLIO,
DOVE è SCRITTO COME FARE LA OPERAZIONE  PERCENTUALE.

On 1/6/2011 9:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
> position!!!!

If you insert an image, there are various anchoring and wrapping options
that modify how it is
placed with regard to the text. This is standard behavior for all word
processors, although the
default options for different ones may vary. Right click on the inserted
image to select the option
that best suits you. The Picture option leads to a very comprehensive set of
capabilities.

Please do not swear at us. We are volunteers who try to help users like
ourselves -- and clearly we
do this because we have found OpenOffice.org very useful for ourselves and
others.

Re: very bad

franco
Good morning.
Open Office 3 in the guide is wrong, the page 'calculated with the
formulas',
the percentage, you explained, = A1 * 16% = 16% of a1.
the truth is, 16% * a1, a1 = 16% of a1.

buongiorno.
nella guida di open office 3 è sbagliato,nella pagina 'calcolare con le
formule',
la percentuale,voi spiegate,=a1*16% ,=16% di a1.
la verità è,16%*a1,,=16% di a1.

On 1/6/2011 9:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
> position!!!!

If you insert an image, there are various anchoring and wrapping options
that modify how it is
placed with regard to the text. This is standard behavior for all word
processors, although the
default options for different ones may vary. Right click on the inserted
image to select the option
that best suits you. The Picture option leads to a very comprehensive set of
capabilities.

Please do not swear at us. We are volunteers who try to help users like
ourselves -- and clearly we
do this because we have found OpenOffice.org very useful for ourselves and
others.

On 1/6/2011 9:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> The open office programm is very bad!!!!!!!!
>
> If you want insert Images in the text document, the text will change his
> position!!!!

If you insert an image, there are various anchoring and wrapping options
that modify how it is
placed with regard to the text. This is standard behavior for all word
processors, although the
default options for different ones may vary. Right click on the inserted
image to select the option
that best suits you. The Picture option leads to a very comprehensive set of
capabilities.

Please do not swear at us. We are volunteers who try to help users like
ourselves -- and clearly we
do this because we have found OpenOffice.org very useful for ourselves and
others.

>>> That wouldn't have stopped this language -- subscribers can swear,
>>> too! Only a list with  every message moderated by a human who is
>>> allowed to modify messages (and given appropriate guidance as to
>>> restrictions) can address that kind of issue.
>> Note that these incidents are infrequent. I believe the advantage to
>> OO.o of allowing unregistered persons to post outweighs the few abusive
>> posts we receive.
>>
>> I wish there were a more obvious mechanism to let us know a post is by
>> an unregistered person so we can respond both to the list and to the
>> individual.
>>
>> With Warmest Regards
>> --David Teague
>>

> Hi *
>
> I think just ignore that kind of messages is enough. Rude messages, no
> answers. Furthermore, they are indeed infrequent.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ramon

Cell formulas WAS [discuss] very bad

Michael Adams-9
On Monday 10 January 2011 02:57, franco wrote:
> Good morning.
> Open Office 3 in the guide is wrong, the page 'calculated with the
> formulas',
> the percentage, you explained, = A1 * 16% = 16% of a1.
> the truth is, 16% * a1, a1 = 16% of a1.
Google "multiplication commutative"

> buongiorno.
> nella guida di open office 3 è sbagliato,nella pagina 'calcolare con le
> formule',
> la percentuale,voi spiegate,=a1*16% ,=16% di a1.
> la verità è,16%*a1,,=16% di a1.
Google "moltiplicazione commutativa"

16% = 0.16 therefore
0.16 * a1 = a1 * 0.16