what do i need to do to update our static websides

what do i need to do to update our static websides

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello all,

I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
visible.

Are there additional steps needed?

Thanks

Peter

RE: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

imho:
There is a publish link in the Cms, you have to click it.

I see your editing:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/ooo-site-site-staging/builds/1874

but I don't know how you can access the publish link from there, maybe the one at the top of this page works:
https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/wc/browse/joesch-t56vtS/trunk/content/de/

(Ok, not with "joesch", it's my account ;-))

gretings,
Jörg

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 15.01.19 um 08:38 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Hello all,
>
> I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
> visible.
>
> Are there additional steps needed?

As Jörg already wrote, the CMS needs an additional step of publishing.

The changes look good to me and if wanted I (or someone else) could do
this for you.
We can discuss the process in detail afterwards...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Thanks
>
> Peter

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Marcus (OOo)
Am 15.01.19 um 08:38 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
> visible.
>
> Are there additional steps needed?

yes, committing a website change goes to SVN which triggers an automatic
build for the staging area.

But to get it published you need to do it yourself manually.

Long time ago I've explained the instructions here:
https://openoffice.apache.org/docs/edit-cms.html

HTH

Marcus

RE: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Jörg Schmidt-2

Here is a detailed tutorial for the CMS that I wrote a year ago for a member of the German community.
(The tutorial  is ONLY in German.)

http://www.calc-info.de/files/Apache-CMS-Anleitung.pdf

Jörg

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Peter Kovacs-3
I am think I do something wrong.

https://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html

should be then

http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/security/bulletin.html

This leads to 404. So what is the right path to the bulletin?

I try Jörg's approach too.

On 15.01.19 20:44, Marcus wrote:

> Am 15.01.19 um 08:38 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
>> visible.
>>
>> Are there additional steps needed?
>
> yes, committing a website change goes to SVN which triggers an
> automatic build for the staging area.
>
> But to get it published you need to do it yourself manually.
>
> Long time ago I've explained the instructions here:
> https://openoffice.apache.org/docs/edit-cms.html
>
> HTH
>
> Marcus

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Peter Kovacs-3
I fail with

javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?
uri='+escape(location.href

))

Firefox does not return anything. I do not have an Internet explorer on
my OS.

> [...]

Awesome Jörg. This worked. Murphies law. YAY.

The right link for publish something is: https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/

you get a login page and then have a simple form for publishing the
latest build.

thanks to all efforts.

On 15.01.19 11:12, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

> Hello,

Keith N. McKenna
On 1/15/2019 4:00 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> I am think I do something wrong.
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html
>
> should be then
>
> http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/security/bulletin.html
>
> This leads to 404. So what is the right path to the bulletin?
>
> I try Jörg's approach too.

Peter;
I the path to check that page is
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/security/bulletin.html

<snip>

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Peter Kovacs-3
Ahh nice. We should update the editing cms-guide.

On 15.01.19 22:31, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> On 1/15/2019 4:00 PM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> I am think I do something wrong.
>>
>> https://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html
>>
>> should be then
>>
>> http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/security/bulletin.html
>>
>> This leads to 404. So what is the right path to the bulletin?
>>
>> I try Jörg's approach too.
>>
> Peter;
> I the path to check that page is
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/security/bulletin.html
>
> <snip>

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Kay Schenk-2

On 1/15/19 11:44 AM, Marcus wrote:

> Am 15.01.19 um 08:38 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
>> visible.
>>
>> Are there additional steps needed?
>
> yes, committing a website change goes to SVN which triggers an automatic
> build for the staging area.
>
> But to get it published you need to do it yourself manually.
>
> Long time ago I've explained the instructions here:
> https://openoffice.apache.org/docs/edit-cms.html
>
> HTH
>
> Marcus

Good to know this is working again. :)