what is unopkg and pkgchk?

Daniel Alvaro
Hello team,
I'm reading the Developer's Guide (extentions)

when I was reading this page:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/unopkgi'm
felt confused with the topic: UNOPKG  and PKGCHK I didn't understand
what is UNOPKG and pkgchk?? how can I use it?  It's only for Linux?  where
i'm going to use the codes of the page?  for exameple:

[Programa <OfficePath> /] $ unopkg add - shared my_extension.oxt

I'm new in OpenOffice,

Regards,
Daniel Alvaro.

Re: what is unopkg and pkgchk?

Ariel Constenla-Haile-2
Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 05:16:19PM -0600, jdaniel.alvaro wrote:
> Hello team,
> I'm reading the Developer's Guide (extentions)
>
> when I was reading this page:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/unopkgi'm
> felt confused with the topic: UNOPKG  and PKGCHK I didn't understand
> what is UNOPKG and pkgchk??

pkgchk does not exist anymore. unopkg, unopkg.exe in Windows, is the
program to install extensions from the commnad line.

> how can I use it?

You use it as explained in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/unopkg

> It's only for Linux?

No, it's available for all the platforms supported by OpenOffice. On
Windows it is located in the program folder in the installation
directory, just where you find soffice.exe and the other executables.

The thing is that it is a command line application: if you try to
execute it by double clicking in the file unopkg.exe, you'll see only
a black window that appears for a seconds.

Command line application, on Windows, are run in cmd.exe

> where i'm going to use the codes of the page?  for exameple:
>
> [Programa <OfficePath> /] $ unopkg add - shared my_extension.oxt

You will use unopkg.exe if you want to install your extension from the
command line. Usually this is done for you when you use the SDK
Makefiles, or the NetBeans IDE.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina