where one ends a document

Christina Colosimo
I've noticed that in the forum I was looking at for the OO problem that I'm
having, it says "solved" but the problem seems to be very far from solved.
I noticed that users have been irritated by this problem for many, many
years and so I can't understand why your programmers for Apache Writer have
not fixed this highly irritating problem.  The problem is that I have a
document which is over 200 pages long and every damn time I open it to
continue where I left off, it does NOT show me where I left off,  it is
always irritatingly at the beginning of the document.  This is not
helpful.  It causes people to begin with negative feelings for OO.  Not a
good way to start the day or any time of the day.  I wonder how many years
it will take to fix this problem.  I sure hope that someone there will soon
come up with the necessary knowledge to do so.

*Christina Colosimo*

Re: where one ends a document

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:26:42 +0200
Christina Colosimo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've noticed that in the forum I was looking at for the OO problem that I'm
> having, it says "solved" but the problem seems to be very far from solved.
> I noticed that users have been irritated by this problem for many, many
> years and so I can't understand why your programmers for Apache Writer have
> not fixed this highly irritating problem.  The problem is that I have a
> document which is over 200 pages long and every damn time I open it to
> continue where I left off, it does NOT show me where I left off,  it is
> always irritatingly at the beginning of the document.  This is not
> helpful.  It causes people to begin with negative feelings for OO.  Not a
> good way to start the day or any time of the day.  I wonder how many years
> it will take to fix this problem.  I sure hope that someone there will soon
> come up with the necessary knowledge to do so.
>
> --
> *Christina Colosimo*
> [hidden email]

The document doesn't "know" where you left off, because you have not identified yourself to OpenOffice as the author of the document.  You should use /Tools /Options (or Preferences /Options if on a Mac) and in /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /General enter your Name and Initials.  Thereafter, OO will open at your last editing position.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: where one ends a document

Maurice Howe-2
Rory (and Christina & others), that should be USER DATA (not GENERAL).

Maurice

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:26:42 +0200
> Christina Colosimo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that in the forum I was looking at for the OO problem that
> I'm
> > having, it says "solved" but the problem seems to be very far from
> solved.
> > I noticed that users have been irritated by this problem for many, many
> > years and so I can't understand why your programmers for Apache Writer
> have
> > not fixed this highly irritating problem.  The problem is that I have a
> > document which is over 200 pages long and every damn time I open it to
> > continue where I left off, it does NOT show me where I left off,  it is
> > always irritatingly at the beginning of the document.  This is not
> > helpful.  It causes people to begin with negative feelings for OO.  Not a
> > good way to start the day or any time of the day.  I wonder how many
> years
> > it will take to fix this problem.  I sure hope that someone there will
> soon
> > come up with the necessary knowledge to do so.
> >
> > --
> > *Christina Colosimo*
> > [hidden email]
>
> The document doesn't "know" where you left off, because you have not
> identified yourself to OpenOffice as the author of the document.  You
> should use /Tools /Options (or Preferences /Options if on a Mac) and in
> /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /General enter your Name and Initials.
> Thereafter, OO will open at your last editing position.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: where one ends a document

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:52:06 -0400
Maurice Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rory (and Christina & others), that should be USER DATA (not GENERAL).
>
> Maurice

Yes, that is correct - an error on my part.  At present I am typing/computing with one eye, while I wait for a cataract operation on the second eye and matters then to stabilise sufficiently to update reading glasses.

Rory

> Virus-free.
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:26:42 +0200
> > Christina Colosimo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I've noticed that in the forum I was looking at for the OO problem that
> > I'm
> > > having, it says "solved" but the problem seems to be very far from
> > solved.
> > > I noticed that users have been irritated by this problem for many, many
> > > years and so I can't understand why your programmers for Apache Writer
> > have
> > > not fixed this highly irritating problem.  The problem is that I have a
> > > document which is over 200 pages long and every damn time I open it to
> > > continue where I left off, it does NOT show me where I left off,  it is
> > > always irritatingly at the beginning of the document.  This is not
> > > helpful.  It causes people to begin with negative feelings for OO.  Not a
> > > good way to start the day or any time of the day.  I wonder how many
> > years
> > > it will take to fix this problem.  I sure hope that someone there will
> > soon
> > > come up with the necessary knowledge to do so.
> > >
> > > --
> > > *Christina Colosimo*
> > > [hidden email]
> >
> > The document doesn't "know" where you left off, because you have not
> > identified yourself to OpenOffice as the author of the document.  You
> > should use /Tools /Options (or Preferences /Options if on a Mac) and in
> > /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /General enter your Name and Initials.
> > Thereafter, OO will open at your last editing position.
> >
> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: where one ends a document

Felmon Davis
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:52:06 -0400
> Maurice Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Rory (and Christina & others), that should be USER DATA (not GENERAL).
>>
>> Maurice
>
> Yes, that is correct - an error on my part.  At present I am
> typing/computing with one eye, while I wait for a cataract operation
> on the second eye and matters then to stabilise sufficiently to
> update reading glasses.

good luck. just had both eyes done.

f.

--