Quantcast

word

Alan Strauss
I have an article I am writing that is required to be written in microsoft word.  My friend said that the word processing system provided with open office is exactly the same as “word”.  If I submit the Article in the open office text system will they be able to use it without any problems?

thank you

aes

Re: word

M Henri Day

> I have an article I am writing that is required to be written in microsoft
> word.  My friend said that the word processing system provided with open
> office is exactly the same as “word”.  If I submit the Article in the open
> office text system will they be able to use it without any problems?
>
> thank you
>
> aes

​Alan, rather than saving the document in the .odt file format, you would
probably be advised to save it in .doc format, in order to be sure that
MIcrosoft Office ​
​doesn't mess it up. If the document is straight-forward, without any
macros, you should be able to do with without​

​difficulty....

Henri

Re: word

Andrew Pitonyak

I have written numerous articles for publication using OpenOffice with
no problem. I think that you must first determine what format is
required/supported by the publisher (DOC, DOCX, ODT, etc). If they
directly support ODT, you are finished. if not, then you simply save
your file in a supported format and submit that.

There may be a few formatting issues when saving in a different format,
but, these usually require complicated constructs not used when
submitting for publication; for example, worrying about precise
placement of a figure relative to a paragraph. These sorts of things are
usually changed by an editor using fancy programs to get the layout as
they want it, so it has, in my experience, not mattered.

Even if it did matter, support is sufficiently good, that it still does
not matter (in general).

On 01.03.2017 09:25, Alan Strauss wrote:

> I have an article I am writing that is required to be written in
> microsoft word.  My friend said that the word processing system
> provided with open office is exactly the same as “word”.  If I
> submit the Article in the open office text system will they be able
> use it without any problems?
>
> thank you
>
> aes

RE: word

jonathan porter
No

Sent from my Samsung phone

I have an article I am writing that is required to be written in microsoft word.  My friend said that the word processing system provided with open office is exactly the same as “word”.  If I submit the Article in the open office text system will they be able to use it without any problems?

thank you

aes

RE: word

Brian Barker
At 16:05 01/03/2017 +0000, Jonathan Porter wrote:
>At 09:25 01/03/2017 -0500, Alan Strauss wrote:
>>I have an article I am writing that is required to be written in
>>microsoft word. [...] If I submit the Article in the open office
>>text system will they be able to use it without any problems?
>
>No

There are very many people on this mailing list who know that it is
quite possible - not problematic, that is - to use OpenOffice
(Writer) to prepare documents and to submit them in Microsoft Word
format for others to use. You may want to take advantage of their
help in learning to do this yourself. Then you too can answer "Yes"!

Brian Barker

Re: word

nasrin khaksar
hello.
first ask them about format that they accept.
if they accept only docx, you should use libreoffice instead not openoffice.

http://www.libreoffice.org

On 3/2/17, Brian Barker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 16:05 01/03/2017 +0000, Jonathan Porter wrote:
>>At 09:25 01/03/2017 -0500, Alan Strauss wrote:
>>>I have an article I am writing that is required to be written in
>>>microsoft word. [...] If I submit the Article in the open office
>>>text system will they be able to use it without any problems?
>>
>>No
>
> There are very many people on this mailing list who know that it is
> quite possible - not problematic, that is - to use OpenOffice
> (Writer) to prepare documents and to submit them in Microsoft Word
> format for others to use. You may want to take advantage of their
> help in learning to do this yourself. Then you too can answer "Yes"!
>
> Brian Barker

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Re: word

Robert  William Allen
thank you that is exactly what i ended up doing i appreciate your comments.  bob  how do i unsubscribe to this chat line?